Round 1 Pick 22; Quay Walker, LB Georgia

Packerraymond

Young (21), long (~80" wingspan), athletic (9.63 RAS). Lot's to like. I'm wondering what he would look like in Waldo's formula at OLB given he's 240ish.

Could be fun on third downs. Move Gary inside and you can have either Preston or Walker do just about anything from the OLB spots. It'll definitely make disguising what your doing easy from a personnel standpoint.

1 minute ago, gopackgo972 said:

I definitely wouldn’t be mad with Pickens being the selection at #28 but it would’ve been a reach. So would Moore and Watson. But they won’t be there when the Packers are up in the 2nd round. 

Look for GB to move around in the 2nd round .. they have the ammo.  

17 minutes ago, wgbeethree said:

Young (21), long (~80" wingspan), athletic (9.63 RAS). Lot's to like. I'm wondering what he would look like in Waldo's formula at OLB given he's 240ish.

Could be fun on third downs. Move Gary inside and you can have either Preston or Walker do just about anything from the OLB spots. It'll definitely make disguising what your doing easy from a personnel standpoint.

I'll take seeing Walker blitz a few times, please.

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'll take seeing Walker blitz a few times, please.

I think he will do it all, and to justify that high pick, they definitely see him as a pass rusher. Hope they got this one right and Barry is the man with the scheme to develop that talent.  Really hoping to field a lights out defense for the next several years.  We’ve played well recently, but I want next level demoralizing stops and take aways as  they hand the ball back to 12 and a bruising run game. 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Danger said:

at 28, Sky Moore? Christian Watson?

Rather than living life in a panic, how about if they draft one of those players with the 53rd or 59th pick. The Packers call it 'drafting the best player available', crazy concept isn't it.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

I think he will do it all, and to justify that high pick, they definitely see him as a pass rusher. Hope they got this one right and Barry is the man with the scheme to develop that talent.  Really hoping to field a lights out defense for the next several years.  We’ve played well recently, but I want next level demoralizing stops and take aways as  they hand the ball back to 12 and a bruising run game. 

Someone else posted it somewhere.

Walker is the White to Campbell's David.

They made life miserable for us...and many other teams, given the rushers around them and the secondary.

No reason to think it won't be similar for us.  

As another "plus", Barnes is now our specials coverage ace.  And that ain't nothing!

• Like 4