Round 1 Pick 28; Devonte Wyatt, DL Georgia

Packerraymond

31 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yah, Zach Tom wants in on this conversation.  

No way this draft class  fails with these names.

Tom is going to be a bust. When he ran his 40 his second 20 yards were faster than the first 20 yards. Build up speed, won't be able to run past CB's.   

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
9 minutes ago, Down to Earth said:

Can someone more in the know than myself give an update on Wyatt's development? I don't recall hearing him being injured at all. As good as he was at Georgia, I figured he'd at least be in the DL rotation by now.

Thanks.

He was in the last game, and had several excellent snaps. 

I didn't notice this game, but I was watching mainly from the other room. He is a high floor, higher celing kind of guy. Don't expect many snaps til year's end, earliest. We have a pretty decent line, and GB brings the bigs along slowly.

But him and Kenny, with Gary on the outside is scary: once Wyatt gets going of course. exciting. very

17 hours ago, Down to Earth said:

Can someone more in the know than myself give an update on Wyatt's development? I don't recall hearing him being injured at all. As good as he was at Georgia, I figured he'd at least be in the DL rotation by now.

Thanks.

Not getting many snaps yet.  Some have gotten excited over an 8 snap performance a week ago.

I dunno.  He's on the developmental track for sure.  

I still think he's a better rusher than others on the roster.  And we haven't exactly had big leads this year that would allow us to play him as a pass rush DL.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Hes had an average rookie season. Hope he doesn't turn out to be another Jerel Worthy.

Wyatts strength at Georgia was his quickness.  He needs to get stronger.  Get him on the juice this offseason and see what he can do next TC.

Gary came into the league at age 21.  Wyatt came in at 24.  Wyatt will probably show some improvement on his rookie deal, but it's unlikely to be anything like what we saw from Gary.  Gary has been in the league 4 years, and is only a few months older than Wyatt.

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

After Rashan Gary, nobody on earth should be writing off Wyatt. 

The only caveat to this is Wyatt is a 24-year-old rookie, Gary was 21. Those three years matter when you are talking upside to a player. 

I still have high hopes for the kid but coming in at 24 years of age, I had hoped for more this year. 

38 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The only caveat to this is Wyatt is a 24-year-old rookie, Gary was 21. Those three years matter when you are talking upside to a player. 

I still have high hopes for the kid but coming in at 24 years of age, I had hoped for more this year. 

Is he getting really out physicaled, or is he getting out footballed?  Let him fail and show him that he isn't playing Ole Miss and Mizzou anymore, he has to use his technique.  

• Like 1

No reason Lowry should be getting repped over slaton and Wyatt. 

No reason Wyatt shouldnt be getting 5t reps instead of walking out garvin. 

No reason to not run him some stunts.

I imagine the coaches dont love his spinning on run blocks, but **** it, let him get reemed in the room after the game a few times so he can see that it can get LBs killed. Not like Lowry getting downblocked into oblivion is helping them either. Shouldve been getting 20-30 reps a game, just to out athlete some ****ers.

Uncreative *** DL play.

Edited by HighCalebR