Round 1 Pick 28; Devonte Wyatt, DL Georgia

Packerraymond

24 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Don’t like his age, but I love getting DL here so much I might cry.

Thank God Gute’s not dumb enough to buy into the WR hype.

We’re gonna be a running team with a defense that just so happens to have a HOF QB.

100% agree. I like the second and third round WR value more than the 1st this year. There should be some good options next round.

• Like 1

I see this guy as the true 3-tech penetrator that they have been missing for years. The DL coach Montgomery said was the one thing missing and I thought Hall, Winfrey or Leal would be that guy, not Wyatt because of his off the field stuff. But Wyatt is the best one on the field in this draft class. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, R T said:

I see this guy as the true 3-tech penetrator that they have been missing for years. The DL coach Montgomery said was the one thing missing and I thought Hall, Winfrey or Leal would be that guy, not Wyatt because of his off the field stuff. But Wyatt is the best one on the field in this draft class. 

They must of felt good once they talked to him on their visit.

10 minutes ago, R T said:

I was gonna ask about this.

Dude seems huge to move like that.

This is what you need against Brady.

And also against the Niners.

Seems like with Walker and Wyatt the Packers got after players that can get to the backfield instead of waiting for the backs to get upfield and I’m all for it.

Also, no more Will Redmond types.

22 minutes ago, badgers0821 said:

100% agree. I like the second and third round WR value more than the 1st this year. There should be some good options next round.

That's what we said last year. WRs are going to go on another run in the late 30s, and by the time we pick, there won't be value there anymore. 

What WRs are looking good in round 5?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Smidgeon said:

That's what we said last year. WRs are going to go on another run in the late 30s, and by the time we pick, there won't be value there anymore. 

What WRs are looking good in round 5?

We have a third round receiver already plus like three options in free agency.

We’re gonna be fine at WR.

Undefeated without Davante. Rodgers is better when he can’t key in on one target.

Utilize Jones and Dillon more, get Tongan back, Deguara with a third year jump, Rodgers with a second year, Watkins over MVS and Lazard becoming a go to/given more opportunities. We’re fine.

5 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Like, it's literally been 20 years since they took a WR in the first round and arguably that didn't go well.  I can't understand Packers fans who are completely shocked they didn't take a WR and instead drafted two good defensive players.

Delusion.

Pure delusion.

They see Cooper Kupp and forget he wasn’t a first round pick and Davante and forget the same and they see Jefferson go off for the persistently 8 win Vikings and think that’s the answer.

• Like 2