With the 29th overall pick... IOL Cole Strange - Chattanooga

Deadpulse

14 minutes ago, Thanos said:

next logan mankins

But smarter.

He was projected by a lot of people to be a second-round pick. He is going to be a good football player and will likely start day one. I felt like the way people were falling that he would be around late second or third. Would I have liked to have someone different in the first? Sure, but OL was a need, and he fills that need. I know people will still talk about trading Mason for a third and drafting a second-round replacement at 29, but Mason was simply move for cap space and it had to be done. Strange will be a great replacement on the line.

26 minutes ago, brownie man said:

He probably starts 12 years for you guys 

yea I mean, these reaches do tend to work out. The glaring exceptions being Tavon Wilson and Terrence Wheatly. That doesn't dispel the fact that they could have picked up a different player, with more talent then whoever they get in the second or third, and have still gotten Strange. Unless they become HOFers, the reach is almost never justified. 

To your point, he is probably a day 1 starter and a guy who sits on the line for the next 5+ years. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

yea I mean, these reaches do tend to work out. The glaring exceptions being Tavon Wilson and Terrence Wheatly. That doesn't dispel the fact that they could have picked up a different player, with more talent then whoever they get in the second or third, and have still gotten Strange. Unless they become HOFers, the reach is almost never justified. 

To your point, he is probably a day 1 starter and a guy who sits on the line for the next 5+ years. 

You can’t say for sure he was gonna get that far. You can assume that but the way Mcvay was shocked other teams knew exactly who Strange was. 

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Immediate Contributors:

Charles Cross, SEA

Kayvon Thibedeaux, NYG

Garrett Wilson, NYJ

Ickey Ewonku, CAR

Jameson Williams, DET

Jordan Davis, PHI

Kyle Hamilton, BAL

Kenyon Green, HOU

Kenny Pickett, PIT

Tyler Smith, DAL

Tyler Linderbaum, BAL

Jermaine Johnson Jr., NYJ

Devonte Wyatt, GB

Biggest Reaches:

Drake London, ATL

Derek Stingley, HOU

Travon Walker, JAX

Jahan Dotson, WAS

Trevor Penning, NO

Kaiir Elam, BUF

Cole Strange, NE

Lewis Cine, MIN

Average Value:

Aidan Hutchinson, DET

Sauce Gardner, NYJ

Evan Neal, NYG

Chris Olave, NO

Zion Johnson, LAC

Treylon Burks, TEN

Trent McDuffie, KC

Quay Walker, GB

Devin Lloyd, JAX

George Karlaftis, KC

Daxton Hill, CIN

8 minutes ago, brownie man said:

You can’t say for sure he was gonna get that far. You can assume that but the way Mcvay was shocked other teams knew exactly who Strange was. 

You mean the guy who trolled us by announcing to the world he was considering him at 104? You know that is round 3 right? lol