With the 29th overall pick... IOL Cole Strange - Chattanooga

Deadpulse

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

You mean the guy who trolled us by announcing to the world he was considering him at 104? You know that is round 3 right? lol

Rams could’ve traded up 

Theyre just hoping an underrated player falls to them. Especially a small school guy. That doesn’t mean he’s not good it’s just means not alot of people might had them high on their boards because of the smaller school background. 

When it comes to o line you want good players. BB has earned the right for you to trust him when it comes to O line. 

Hard to love the value but if he becomes a fixture (the way Thuney came on so quickly), it’ll be also hard to complain. 

Let’s hope this counts as Bill’s annual “way too early” pick and we see some more no-brainers along the way, lol.

Good player, good character, long term starter and all that. It’s too early. Surely he’s still there in the 50s, if he’s mostly been given 3rd round grades.

but yeah if he turns into Thuney II, who is complaining? Not me.

and all this “finishes” and “nasty” stuff - who cares? That’s surplus. That comes AFTER you do your job. I don’t think it should be used as much as it is in grading OLs. Jmo. Remember when Gronk “finished” the Colts DB off out of bounds? It’s fun but it’s not exactly necessary and doesn’t win you games 

• Like 1

Meh, I don't think reaches are a thing cuz I'd rather be way too early than a little too late. Remember, Travis Frederick and Bruce Irvin were both "reaches".

Plus I never complain about picks for either side of the trenches.

Edited by biggie.

Hearing the radio destroy him last night and this morning has surprisingly made me like the pick more .. He's 25 at the start of the season, so you probably aren't getting him for 10 years. 

An interesting outlook was Nagy mentioning that he probably starts at guard a couple years then moves over to Center when Andrews is on the wrong side of 30. That would make sense, even though they also get their centers undrafted.. 

I think he can be a good player.. but the senior bowl also taught us that he had no offensive system in college. He may be more of a project than we think.. he said on a podcast that all they do is call out numbers and that's the guy you block. We've got to hope that Billy Yates can get him up to speed quickly. 

He's also never played a cold weather game.. so that's something. 

Regarding the reach, the only thing that makes sense to me is they tried to trade back again and couldn't .. he may have no made it to 54, but they could have taken a premium position at 29 then traded up from 54 to get him. Did they just think that the Bengals were going to take him? They got Karras so i'm not sure they still need another guard. 

1 hour ago, biggie. said:

Meh, I don't think reaches are a thing cuz I'd rather be way too early than a little too late. Remember, Travis Frederick and Bruce Irvin were both "reaches".

Plus I never complain about picks for either side of the trenches.

Yeah if he DOES turn into Mankins, this is a steal...?

The only negative I'll put on him as a player is so many people are asking like he is bust proof.. he's coming from an offense where he had no structure. He admitted the system was he got a number to guard and he just stopped that guy, it's going to be a big learning curve. He may be a day 1 starter but he isn't a lock like Zion was. 

He could end up being a bust.. it's a heck of a lot more likely he ends up a bust than Mankins. I think people may be forgetting how good Mankins was.. that and the team was A LOT better when they took Mankins early. 

22 minutes ago, Crimmage said:

The only negative I'll put on him as a player is so many people are asking like he is bust proof.. he's coming from an offense where he had no structure. He admitted the system was he got a number to guard and he just stopped that guy, it's going to be a big learning curve. He may be a day 1 starter but he isn't a lock like Zion was. 

He could end up being a bust.. it's a heck of a lot more likely he ends up a bust than Mankins. I think people may be forgetting how good Mankins was.. that and the team was A LOT better when they took Mankins early. 

If he's also a bust, it's the worst BB pick of all time? I guess getting some picks back mitigates this a bit

Edited by Hunter2_1

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

If he's also a bust, it's the worst BB pick of all time?

No one will come close to being as big of a failure than N'Keal Harry.

Besides, when was the last time we had an outright bust on the offensive line? I dread the "second round DB with knee problems" or a WR more than any offensive lineman.

Edited by biggie.

2 minutes ago, biggie. said:

No one will come close to being as big of a failure than N'Keal Harry.

Besides, when was the last time we had an outright bust on the offensive line? I dread the "second round DB with knee problems" or a WR more than any offensive lineman.

With ya. I hate that pick like no other. He doesn't even make up for it with effort or heart

3 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Who is more negligent at this point, Belichick or Kraft?

Well, when I tried to create a thread for a discussion on Bill and if he's still Bill, it was mostly shot down in flames. 

So I guess that means people think Bill is beyond reproach 

I don't worry about Bill the coach.. I kinda of worry about Groh the GM. 

Any strong leader needs people around him who aren't just yes men.. They need people who are going to help them be better and provide push back. I'm not sure Groh is comfortable enough to do that. 

We can all agree that they are 1000000% drafting for need in the first round.. last year Mac, this year Strange. They seem to be fixated on " we need a starter at this position, get the guy we need" .. so we will have to see how the rest of the draft goes at this point. 

That pick was bad, but they have 10 more picks in this draft.. so they either get a BUNCH of darts to throw or maybe they use those picks to trade up and get some guys they love. It's going to be really interesting.. With 3 picks today, I think today is really going to define this draft, not the Strange pick. 

• Like 2