Round 2: Let's Talk Bears Prospects and Draft Approach

G08

28 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Draftniks of this forum - what would your top 17 big board look like as we stand now?  That would at least guarantee one person from that list at each of our next two picks.

What if we can't come up with 17 players lol?  

I didn't have time to go thru as many prospects this year. But based on the limited time that I did have and what I seen throughout the year then I would probably lean more towards this.

Pickens
Booth
Dean
Brisker
Pitre
Sanders
Asamoah
Ojabo
Ross
Mafe

Edited by JAF-N72EX

I’m a big believer in Kyler Gordon and would love to see him here, but I just don’t see corner being the priority. I think we end up going OL with our first pick, but if not and if either Pickens or Gordon is on the board that’s the way I’d look to go (Pickens over Gordon if both were there). 

The 3 picks immediately following us at 39 are SEA/SEA/IND, with ATL following them. I could see ATL wanting to jump them to secure their QBOC. By the chart, dropping from 39 to 43 should net something like 39 & 186 for 43 & 114 which doesn’t get us extra picks but moves us up 70 spots from R6 to R4 making the likelihood of a viable player being added significantly higher.

Guys I like for us on day 2: 

WR

R2 Pickens, Watson, Moore

R3 Tolbert, Metchie, Bell, Pierce

OL 

R2 Raimann, Lucas, Parham

R3 Goedeke, Ingram, Petit-Frere, Walker

CB

R2 Gordon, Booth, McCreary

R3 Bryant, Armour-Davis, McCollum, Emerson

DL

R2 Mafe, Winfrey, Jones

R3 Leal, Hall

• Like 4

So I give us an A+ for last night in the draft...we got the best player in this class a year early & didn't then make any dumb trade up into the 1st round...

Now on to my favourite day of the draft...still a ton of talent out there that could help us immediately & if we can turn 3 picks today into 4 then we will be in pretty good shape.

• Like 3

Sticking at #39 has a lot of positives for adding a day one starter but at the same time there is a lot of talent on this board...that talent though does come with question marks as well...

WR George Pickens...1st round talent on the field...probably top 15 and fills a big need...but injury & off field concerns.

OT Bernhard Raimann...athletic upside and room for growth at another big need...still a little raw...shorter arms...a little older than most prospects.

UT...Perrion Winfrey...athletic & outstanding frame...fills a huge position of need...but didn't put it on tape much...was it all the scheme or more?

CB...Andrew Booth...1st round talent...excellent scheme fit...but injury concerns & CB isn't as highly valued in this scheme.

I'm hearing some rumblings that Pickens is a Grade-A ******* to the point where it can negatively impact a locker room.

Not sure he's the pick at 39, but who knows. Can't deny his talent.

2 minutes ago, G08 said:

I'm hearing some rumblings that Pickens is a Grade-A ******* to the point where it can negatively impact a locker room.

Not sure he's the pick at 39, but who knows. Can't deny his talent.

I saw a big bulldogs fan post that somewhere.   Most talented WR remaining though.   I can’t say personality and background without being able to do my own interviews.  

But tape says he is best remaining WR.

9 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Brugler has it playing out:

39. Pickens

48. Winfrey

71. Kinnard

If they're going to ignore OL in round 2, Kinnard would be a decent consolation prize

If that did happen I would be real happy...Pickens has clear issues but we aren't a church choir...we are a football team...for a 2nd round pick he is probably worth the risk...Winfrey can be a beast...Kinnard doesn't have the typical traits for this scheme & I would prefer Lucas or Jurgens but still it wouldn't be a bad pick up.

4 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

I saw a big bulldogs fan post that somewhere.   Most talented WR remaining though.   I can’t say personality and background without being able to do my own interviews.  

But tape says he is best remaining WR.

Exactly, I can't say personally but people who are way more connected than I will ever be have said the same thing.

Greg Cosell said he's the #1 WR in this class (assuming based on talent alone). Tough call for Poles...

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Pickens has clear issues but we aren't a church choir...we are a football team

One thing I really hated about the Pace regime... after the Ray McDonald signing blew up in his face, he went for choir boys only.

You're not going to win in the NFL without some badasses.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, G08 said:

One thing I really hated about the Pace regime... after the Ray McDonald signing blew up in his face, he went for choir boys only.

You're not going to win in the NFL without some badasses.

The key factor or questions to ask is are they criminals and are they coachable. 

If they are just a holes I can live with that.