Round 2: Let's Talk Bears Prospects and Draft Approach

G08

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Like it or not, this is how good franchises draft. They don’t look to fill holes, they just accumulate talent.

And I’ll say it again, we needed talent everywhere. 

That's all well and fine but priorities need to be balanced. Just ask the Jags, Browns, Lions.

Just now, Madmike90 said:

Not really man...I would have loved to add the talent no doubt...but it's clear something is off somewhere for him to have fallen this far...just hope at #71 there is a WR left

Just teasin' ya

Ive never been so distanced from NFL prospects as I am this year. I literally know none of the players involved. Just watching for the nostalgia and getting everyone elses take on them.

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

That's all well and fine but priorities need to be balanced. Just ask the Jags, Browns, Lions.

I would love to see what point you are making here. Those are not teams known to just take the best talent. 

Ravens, Steelers, Chiefs those are the franchises I’d like to be emulating in the draft

6 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

We're gonna find out just how good Poles is at identifying OL talent late in drafts. And late might mean the third round.

Watch him draft a LB there.

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Pickens gone...strange pick for Pitt

If any team can get him to cool down and produce it's the Steelers.

5 minutes ago, chisoxguy7 said:

Claypool and Pickens... hope someone can keep the two of them on a leash.

Johnson also.

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Do we not have someone making separate threads for the different picks this year? 

They will just turn into complaining about WR and OL. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by blkwdw13
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, StLunatic88 said:

Like it or not, this is how good franchises draft. They don’t look to fill holes, they just accumulate talent.

And I’ll say it again, we needed talent everywhere. 

I don't disagree at all.  Baltimore sat back and let Kyle Hamilton fall to them at #14 when just a few weeks ago he was a top 5 pick.  One site had Brisker as their 2nd ranked S and another the 5th ranked.

It was a very good pick but also a very unexpected pick.  But then I'm not one of those one the "gotta have a WR here" soul train or where's an OG when historically rounds 3-5 can produce very good OG and OT.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I would love to see what point you are making here. Those are not teams known to just take the best talent. 

Ravens, Steelers, Chiefs those are the franchises I’d like to be emulating in the draft

Those teams are known for filling holes just to fill them and not prioritize.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

This is the first time I've really questioned what Poles is doing. I understood not going after big offensive names in FA but I expected him to at least address offense early in the draft to help our young QB out a bit. Wtf is going on?

I’ve been saying this since FA, he probably doesn’t believe in Fields and wants his own guy in 2023.

This team needs talent and playmakers period.

• Like 1