Round 2: Let's Talk Bears Prospects and Draft Approach

G08

3 minutes ago, G08 said:

Hey man, it pains me to say all this because I LOVE his talent. I think he's a true-blue #1 WR and is precisely the X we are looking for on our roster. If someone could tell me his health checks out and he won't be a d-bag/pain-in-the-***, I'd draft him yesterday!

His health will be fine. I will go that far. But look at the trades of yesterday. Both WRs wanted to be paid and traded. Both divas but both perform.

BPA is looking likely to be corner, 3t, or LB right now

I can't see us going RB, even if statistically Monty is nothing  special.

The WR options/value aren't that great or significant amounts of risk.... Who knows if we can tame Pickens, and Watson has poor hands.  I'd much rather look at Calvin Austin later in the 2nd/3rd, or maybe Metchie.... if we absolutely need a bigger guy early (there's a few we could go for later), Pierce.  I want absolutely nothing to do with Bell.

OL prospects:

Interior: It's basically down to Parham.... but I'm not sure where to play him. He's never started at C before, if memory serves, so you'd probably have to play him guard now, and move him to C longer term.

OT:  Raimann is a rough prospect/project... and while I think Borom can kick inside, I don't think Raimann can, so he'd be starting LT... and I don't trust Fields to not die in that scenario. Faalele I like, but he's not a scheme fit, and I doubt he's on our board. Also he's a pure RT.

If I had to guess, I'd say we're drafting Kyler Gordon-CB or Perrion Winfrey-3t..... Though talent wise Ojabo-EDGE, Pickens-WR, and Dean-W/MLB are the top guys still on the board atm.

Edited by Epyon

17 minutes ago, G08 said:

Hey man, it pains me to say all this because I LOVE his talent. I think he's a true-blue #1 WR and is precisely the X we are looking for on our roster. If someone could tell me his health checks out and he won't be a d-bag/pain-in-the-***, I'd draft him yesterday!

He would have been drafted yesterday if all that was true.

Sometimes you have to take a swing on upside and try and steal value.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

If Poles passes up on Pickens and/or drafts a RB in any round then I will already give up on him completely even before 1st season begins.

Would it be enough to get Madmike to say something negative?

• Like 1

Apparently GB was trying to trade to 32 to grab Pickens last night. He probably won't be there at 39 now.....

Tampa might be a good spot for him to go, Brady wouldn't put up with any nonsense

Green Bay if they find a trade partner might not be a bad spot either.... Rodgers is already a headcase, and if Pickens really is one too, their locker room could be explosive in a good way for everyone else but the Packers.

Edited by Epyon

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Would it be enough to get Madmike to say something negative?

Maybe I would overreact thinking the franchise was on fire and everything was terrible if they did like you do with every decision that isn't exactly what you wanted.

3 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Apparently GB was trying to trade to 32 to grab Pickens last night. He probably won't be there at 39 now.

That's interesting...that said if they wanted him badly enough they should have taken him over Wyatt...

Would love to know what Rodgers is thinking right now hahaha.

4 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Apparently GB was trying to trade to 32 to grab Pickens last night. He probably won't be there at 39 now.....

Tampa might be a good spot for him to go, Brady wouldn't put up with any nonsense

Green Bay if they find a trade partner might not be a bad spot either.... Rodgers is already a headcase, and if Pickens really is one too, their locker room could be explosive in a good way for everyone else but the Packers.

I'm hoping he's still available since there is a chance but I'm not betting on it either.

TB doesn't need a WR.

I can't see MIN going WR.

Titans def won't after trading away Brown and drafting Burks.

Giants might. Especially if they're serious about trading Toney.

Texans could take him and so could the Jets.

We'll see.

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Would love to know what Rodgers is thinking right now hahaha.

He already commented on it. He said he trusts the packers process

8 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I'm hoping he's still available since there is a chance but I'm not betting on it either.

TB doesn't need a WR.

I can't see MIN going WR.

Titans def won't after trading away Brown and drafting Burks.

Giants might. Especially if they're serious about trading Toney.

Texans could take him and so could the Jets.

We'll see.

It would be odd to see NYG take Pickens if they're fed up with Toney. Replacing one moron with another would be...ahh forget it, leave it up to the Giants to do it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

It would be odd to see NYG take Pickens if they're fed up with Toney. Replacing one moron with another would be...ahh forget it, leave it up to the Giants to do it

I was thinking the same...also don't see the Jets doubling up after picking Wilson.

31 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

If Poles passes up on Pickens and/or drafts a RB in any round then I will already give up on him completely even before 1st season begins.

I bet he takes a RB at some point or at least brings in some UDFA RBs just because he loves this class of RBs.

I would be crazy shocked if it was 2nd or 3rd though.