Vikings Select Lewis Cine Safety Georgia at #32

gopherwrestler

2 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

Cine should be penciled in as a bench safety (leading in to training camp).

If Cine is still a "bench safety" after training camp he wasn't worth the pick at 32. 

Edited by babababa
clarity
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

Considering the injury, I think all we can expect is for him to contribute this season...I'm not worried about whether he's starting or not, although it'd be nice to have him starting by the end of the season.  I think with the way the defense is, I'd expect to see plenty of Smith, Bynum and Cine all on the field, and maybe at the same time with Bynum playing some of the slot, considering his CB background.  

Alright, but aside from the work-out videos seeming positive, all of the speculation around him playing and at what capacity due to the current starters is murky, so I'd say this pick feels wasted already. I get injuries happen, but as a 1st Rd pick he should be starting this season. We don't know that Bynum can play slot well in limited fashion. 

Cine is somebody people still won't have a handle on going beyond this year unless he gets significant playing time. And if so, which safety is out? I've been generous not to criticize Kwessi, but Cine as insurance based on the possibility of letting Smith go, or depth, this backup position could have been filled later in the draft. 

• Like 1

To be honest, it’s pretty clear that outside of Cine ascending to star status, he will not have been worth #32 pick, given that we got nothing from him in the rookie year and he is likely should be placed around #3/4 entering camp, until he shows something strong on the field. 

4 hours ago, babababa said:

If Cine is still a "bench safety" after training camp he wasn't worth the pick at 32. 

How many times would you like to make this point?

Dude broke his leg, I'm not sure why we hold that against him or the Vikings. Also, as fans, we should be happy the other two safeties are playing well. Or not, we could be unhappy 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

How many times would you like to make this point?

Dude broke his leg, I'm not sure why we hold that against him or the Vikings. Also, as fans, we should be happy the other two safeties are playing well. Or not, we could be unhappy 

I'd like to make this point again. Maybe I'll make it again when you least expect it...in your dreams. Not like Field of Dreams but that would be pretty cool actually. I'll make this point on the 3rd day of the Chinese New Year in 3 BCE in a whispery voice from the top of Mount Vesuvius.

I like to point out, Kyle Hamilton didnt start to play over 50% of snaps until around week 9.

And when he did, he wasn't used in a true safety sense. Ravens still deployed both their starting safeties 100% of the time. Kyle Hamilton was used a a big nickel, playing match zone in the middle of the field.  Ravens used him to his strengths and I have my doubts if he were to be  put in a 2 high role, he would excel like he did.

My point is, all the people bringing up that Cine wasn't starting yet by the time he injured himself dont seem to understand that neither was Kyle Hamilton; and that is fine! 

If Cine can recover athletically, I have little doubts he will be a good starting player in this league. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, babababa said:

Alright, but aside from the work-out videos seeming positive, all of the speculation around him playing and at what capacity due to the current starters is murky, so I'd say this pick feels wasted already. I get injuries happen, but as a 1st Rd pick he should be starting this season. We don't know that Bynum can play slot well in limited fashion. 

Cine is somebody people still won't have a handle on going beyond this year unless he gets significant playing time. And if so, which safety is out? I've been generous not to criticize Kwessi, but Cine as insurance based on the possibility of letting Smith go, or depth, this backup position could have been filled later in the draft. 

I guess Chad Greenway was a wasted pick.  

I never understand people making judgments about a player 1 year into his career.  Yes, I know people think 1st rounders should come in and have All-Pro rookie years like Sauce Gardner, but that's not realistic for most.  It's also not realistic to believe that just because a guy was drafted in the first and doesn't start immediately in his rookie year, then he's a wasted pick.  If that's the case, I think most people in their normal, everyday job, should be fired after a month if they aren't doing as well as everyone else on the team because that's about the same expectation.  

Edited by swede700
  • Like 5

16 hours ago, babababa said:

That's way too harsh of an expectation coming off an injury.  If he had been healthy and that happened, yes, I could understand, but that opinion is ridiculous.

49 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

There are differences between “bust of a 1st rd pick”, “not worth the 1st rd pick” & “waste of a 1st td pick”. 

There certainly are differences, but none of those labels should apply at this point. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

At least one more time, right after we’re reminded that Dalvin Cook actually deserves a raise…

yeesh.

How many times would you like to follow me around to other threads making Dalvin Cook comments? What did he or I do to make you so mad?

And I don't recall in my couple posts in the snarky Cook thread -- implicit or otherwise -- that he deserves a raise. 

focus