Vikings Select Lewis Cine Safety Georgia at #32

gopherwrestler

18 minutes ago, babababa said:

Fine, call what you want.

I just believe you need to have patience.  I understand how difficult that is in this day and age, as I myself can't stand waiting in lines anywhere.  But, I was able to live through the time when a website would take about 20 minutes to load, so I can be patient about making a decision on a player. 🤣

• Like 2

1) To those that insinuate that I have called out the talent of Lewis Cine re-read my posts on this thread. You will find that I have criticized where he was picked at do to SMITH and BYNUM not the player himself.

I asked the question which no one has yet answered -- who does Cine eventually supplant? 

I further suggested that if he doesn't supplant one of the current starting safeties after training camp that the pick was wasted. That was MY OPINION and you don't have to be Sore for Cine over it.

2) Any 1st Rd pick besides a QB who sits for more than 2 years, is IN MY OPINION a wasted pick.

1 minute ago, babababa said:

1) To those that insinuate that I have called out the talent of Lewis Cine re-read my posts on this thread. You will find that I have criticized where he was picked at do to SMITH and BYNUM not the player himself.

I asked the question which no one has yet answered -- who does Cine eventually supplant? 

I further suggested that if he doesn't supplant one of the current starting safeties after training camp that the pick was wasted. That was MY OPINION and you don't have to be Sore for Cine over it.

2) Any 1st Rd pick besides a QB who sits for more than 2 years, is IN MY OPINION a wasted pick.

He broke his f'n leg...he didn't "sit" last year.

Also, did anyone KNOW Bynum would be this adequate/good? I really have no idea why I'm responding, you've decided that a guy that broke his leg is a bust.

• Like 3

Just now, swede700 said:

I just believe you need to have patience.  I understand how difficult that is in this day and age, as I myself can't stand waiting in lines anywhere.  But, I was able to live through the time when a website would take about 20 minutes to load, so I can be patient about making a decision on a player. 🤣

I'm 46. 

I just purchased my first smart phone 2 years ago. Elderly people had smart phones before I did.

I understand patience for a player, and it's not Cine's fault for being injured. 

Just now, PrplChilPill said:

He broke his f'n leg...he didn't "sit" last year.

Also, did anyone KNOW Bynum would be this adequate/good? I really have no idea why I'm responding, you've decided that a guy that broke his leg is a bust.

Dude relax. I'm not even after Cine. Quote me if I am.

Just now, SemperFeist said:

Bynum. That’s an easy decision. 

I agree on skill and Smith is the better safety. I'm still not convinced that Bynum is really even that good. The Giants game comes to mind. That said Smith will be another year older at that point and I think the decision on this track would be who do you pay moving forward?

6 minutes ago, babababa said:

I'm 46. 

I just purchased my first smart phone 2 years ago. Elderly people had smart phones before I did.

I understand patience for a player, and it's not Cine's fault for being injured. 

I'm 49.  I still had DSL in 2008 when I met my current wife and bought my first cell phone period about 4 months before that.  I had never had one, never needed one, because no one ever called me anyway.  😆

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

I'm 49.  I still had DSL in 2008 when I met my current wife and bought my first cell phone period about 4 months before that.  I had never had one, never needed one, because no one ever called me anyway.  😆

Right. I actually had an aversion to cell/smart phones until I had my kid. So I figured I better get to know how to use one before he did. It had also gotten to the point where it seemed like you needed one more and more. As far as the computer stuff goes I've had one for pretty much ever. And yeah the old rolling doughnut with dial-up and waiting for ever is pretty funny in retrospect. I was going to school in Ely in 94 when my roommate introduced me to the super information highway LOL.

1 hour ago, babababa said:

I'm 46. 

I just purchased my first smart phone 2 years ago.  

i used my first cell phone (a loaner from the business I was in) in 2001. it needed something so i went to the cell phone store to get advice, and I was amazed at seeing who their clientele obviously was, as the store was full of them.

14 year old girls.

• Like 2

O’Connell:  “Lewis is in a great spot right now. He’s well ahead of his rehab process. I see him every day. It’s unique to see a player every single day this time of year at the facility, but that’s been Lew. Been in my office a bunch, asking, ‘Hey, when do we get started? Have you set the schedule for OTAs? What’s training camp going to be like?’ I said, ‘Just hold on, man. We’re going to be just fine.’ But he’s doing a great job, really excited about Lewis and his mental growth through how he handled adversity of that injury, stay connected with his teammates, and ultimately hopefully this is just going to be a small bump in a great road to Lew becoming the player he’s going to become.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/02/kevin-oconnell-lewis-cine-is-in-a-great-spot-right-now/

• Like 4