Vikings Select Lewis Cine Safety Georgia at #32

gopherwrestler

I feel more optimistic then most people here. While watching Derion Kendrick and Jordan Davis as maybe fits for the Vikings (CB and D line), Cine really popped.

He's a mistake eraser back there. Very good tackler, giant hitter, really strong range from the deep alignment. I think he fits what the modern NFL needs in a safety. 

Now, do we need a safety? No, probably not to start, but the depth is abysmal. This pushes everyone down, and tasks Donatel and Pettine to get creative to get Cine, Smith and Bynum all on the field together. 

I'm good with Cine. 

• Like 1

To add, when you look at positional value, safety as a whole, is not high. THAT SAID, you are incorporating a lot of in the box dudes, which do not generate value because they can't really defend the pass.

Cine is the opposite. He plays majority in the deep alignment and is a complete enforcer back there. He also is a very good tackler and shoots in the box to stop run players like a heat seeking missile. That is more valuable because of his range and pass defending ability. 

24 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

I feel more optimistic then most people here. While watching Derion Kendrick and Jordan Davis as maybe fits for the Vikings (CB and D line), Cine really popped.

He's a mistake eraser back there. Very good tackler, giant hitter, really strong range from the deep alignment. I think he fits what the modern NFL needs in a safety. 

Now, do we need a safety? No, probably not to start, but the depth is abysmal. This pushes everyone down, and tasks Donatel and Pettine to get creative to get Cine, Smith and Bynum all on the field together. 

I'm good with Cine. 

I think the player will be fine.  It's the trade that doesn't make much sense.  They could have at least gotten another 7th rounder back in the trade

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

I think the player will be fine.  It's the trade that doesn't make much sense.  They could have at least gotten another 7th rounder back in the trade

It honestly depends on the trade chart you are looking at. The more analytically minded trade value charts like the trade for the Vikings; the people that use archaic, outdated trade charts think vikings were short value.

Me personally, I think the value could have been better. Giving up 46 seems a bit rich. But I like the player a lot and they are going to get another nice one at 34.

4 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

It honestly depends on the trade chart you are looking at. The more analytically minded trade value charts like the trade for the Vikings; the people that use archaic, outdated trade charts think vikings were short value.

Me personally, I think the value could have been better. Giving up 46 seems a bit rich. But I like the player a lot and they are going to get another nice one at 34.

I'm not sure that I like analytics so much anymore if it's saying that getting less value in trade backs is Ok. 

I think that there's been so much talk about Collaboration that they decided to collaborate with the lions

2 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I would've been happy with a future 2nd, not a 3rd this year.

I get Madeiu Williams vibes from Cine...those aren't good vibes.

Cine is not anything like Madieu Williams...his actual NFL comparison that I've found through 2 different sites is Anthony Harris.  Yes, our Anthony Harris.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Minnesota nice?

It's weak for anyone to hate a guy who hasn't even played a down yet...or the hate the guy who picked the guy who hasn't even played a down yet and has also signed other players who haven't even played a down for the team yet...and has let go several other players who, funny, haven't been signed by anyone else either.  

7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It's weak for anyone to hate a guy who hasn't even played a down yet...or the hate the guy who picked the guy who hasn't even played a down yet and has also signed other players who haven't even played a down for the team yet...and has let go several other players who, funny, haven't been signed by anyone else either.  

Time and time again people show that it’s all just about them being able to say that they were right. They want to pat themselves on the back. 

Edited by SemperFeist