Vikings Select Lewis Cine Safety Georgia at #32

gopherwrestler

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

are you kidding me?

the guy practically has his foot twisted off his leg, and you have some need to make a lame joke about you jinxing him?

get with the bigger picture, dood.

Quite a few of our first or top round picks have dealt with season ending injuries early in their careers.

Barr (3/4ths through 2014 season)

Bridgewater (2016)

Cook (2017)

Hughes (2018)

Cine (most likely)

And that doesn't include Gladney's situation either.

We haven't had the best of luck with injuries to some of our early draft picks these last 8 years or so.

Patrick Peterson: "We just said our prayers and told him to hang in there as he was getting carted off the field. I didn't know how severe the injury was until Harry told me that – I don't even want to talk about it. But it was pretty bad. I just hope that Lewis continues to stay strong and knows that his brothers are here, and we have his back."

Kevin O'Connell: "Very tough moment for our team – and obviously for a guy who, since Day 1, has been a personal favorite of mine. And done everything we'd asked, and was continuing to progress in his rookie year, really having a dynamic role for us on special teams. He did have a lower-leg fracture, and we got him the immediate care at a local hospital. From everything that I've been told, the care – obviously the local folks here have been phenomenal with Lew. He will be having surgery to fix that here."

Kris Boyd: "Me and him were together. I had tried to make a play, and when I ran up and seen him, I saw his leg had been broken, and it kind of put me into shock. I should have sat there with him and just let him know I was there for him. But I definitely stayed on that field. In my head, all I could think was, 'I've gotta make a play for him.' Literally, after I saw that, it was in my head: 'Make a play for 6. And it came. I love Lew like a brother. Prayers up for him. … I know one thing about Lew, and he's going to give it his all."

https://www.vikings.com/news/lewis-cine-safety-surgery-in-london

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

For as gruesome as the injury is, I'm not finding a lot of information out there. Is this the type of injury that will/could derail his career or is he expected to make a full recovery? I haven't found the courage to watch it myself.