• Suns in 5
    • Suns in 6
    • Suns in 7
    • Mavericks in 4
    • Mavericks in 5
    • Mavericks in 6
    • Mavericks in 7

4 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

CP3 postseason choke like clockwork. Luka, on the other hand, is that dude.

Wait until next postseason when he has a few great games and gets called Point Gawd and a top 3 PG of all time…. Dude just has too many passive performances and you need to get buckets in the postseason. 

Not looking forward to seeing Luka but think we can win in 6 or 7.

• Like 1

We just have to come to terms that CP3 is no different than Harden. He chokes in the big games. Now he showed glimpses that MAYBE he can come through in some big spots but as the playoffs goes along he will find a way to come up short. Regardless if it was last year in the Finals against the Bucks or now in Game 7 against the Mavs. Not to mention his long history of failures.

Now Im not going to lay all of this on the feet of CP3. Booker has blame for this. We all pump him up to be this rising superstar. Well moments like this define who he is. We downgrade a player like Kyrie and just chalk it up as his best moments came with LeBron. Well he still went out there and did his thing regardless. He still hit the big shot in the Finals to help the Cavs win a title. Booker shouldve done more when CP3 obviously wasnt playing well. Ayton said he wants to get paid, well he didnt step up either to show that he deserves to get paid. Thats why we need to be careful who we try to put up as superstars or on the top 10 or so list. Tatum proved easily he is a superstar after what he did to the Bucks when the Celtics needed to win Game 6 and Game 7. Booker didnt do anything. Not saying Booker isnt good but moments like tonight should remind us all to pump the breaks on all the praise we give him and for any young player like a Trae Young for example.

As for the Mavs, Luka did prove just like Tatum that he is a superstar. If you swapped Luka and Booker and put Luka on the Suns and Booker on the Mavs, the Suns would run through the West. Booker and the Mavs probably wouldnt even make the play-in. So I have a ton of respect for Luka and what he was able to do with the Mavs. Now lets see if he can continue doing this in the WCF against the Warriors. I personally like the Warriors. I think they are a great team. We are on a deadlock course to see Celtics v Warriors in the Finals which should be a great matchup. I just want to see a great WCF between the Mavs and Warriors. i think Warriors win in 6 out of respect for Luka. 

Edited by stl4life07

This Luka is the best player in the world hands down. He plays like this probably 70-75% of the year. The issue is the 25-30% that he has his “Harden games” with the 1-10 step back 3s and lazy turnovers.

he played team ball today and that showed from the tip. Also didnt help that a vastly inferior player went out of his way to target and talk for start **** to him.

Edited by Tyronnosaurus

Suns should be ashamed of themselves…

But props to Dallas, great D all series, one of the biggest upsets in the second round ever. I never saw it coming. 

Warriors, NBA Champions now in all likelihood. The two teams we match up poorly with were the Suns and Bucks. 

Edited by BayRaider

The man breaks down every single postseason pretty much. Played so passive the last five games and definitely got an ego check with the way he was defended and how much the Mavs guards were going after him on the other end of the floor. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Suns should be ashamed of themselves…

But props to Dallas, great D all series, one of the biggest upsets in the second round ever. I never saw it coming. 

Warriors, NBA Champions now in all likelihood. The two teams we match up poorly with were the Suns and Bucks. Bucks might not be around much longer. 

This is going to go 6 or 7. Mavs are not a good matchup for GS.

Warriors are best team in the league imo and I’ve thought that all year. But the Mavs playing defense like they have and Luka awakened to maybe even another level. Mavs could win this in 7.

1 minute ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

This is going to go 6 or 7. Mavs are not a good matchup for GS.

Warriors are best team in the league imo and I’ve thought that all year. But the Mavs playing defense like they have and Luka awakened to maybe even another level. Mavs could win this in 7.

I’ll say Warriors in 5, although I expect most games to be extremely close. 

Warriors were hit with the injury bug all year and couldn’t compete for the #1 seed. As for the #2 seed, they didn’t think it was in their best interest to compete for that and tire their players out. 

And still, Home Court in the Western Conference Finals… and the NBA Finals if they make it. 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The man breaks down every single postseason pretty much. Played so passive the last five games and definitely got an ego check with the way he was defended and how much the Mavs guards were going after him on the other end of the floor. 

game become about matchups.   More physical and intense.  

no ability to get a rest game off

couple that all together with advancing age and here you go