• Heat in 5
    • Heat in 6
    • Heat in 7
    • 76ers in 4
    • 76ers in 5
    • 76ers in 6
    • 76ers in 7

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

Is this actually a take, that some how Embiid is upset he didn’t get MVP and so he’s not trying as hard?

His mood on the court has not been the same since the announcement came out that he didn’t win it. That’s all I’m saying. 

I respect him for playing through his injuries, but you’re 7 foot. You becoming a jump shooter and not posting up is criminal. Even if it’s a post up to create a open jump shot for another player is better then him taking all these contested jumpers. 

Harden deserves his fair of slack as well

4 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Why do players like James Harden always say things like "We're just missing a few pieces" when they didn't show up at all

No wonder he and Kyrie hated each other, they're super similar

Missing a few pieces? They have two All-NBA level guys surrounded by a strong cast of role players, lol. 

5 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Next year for Harden is make or break. He’s got 6-7 Months to get his body right or whatever the heck is up with that hammy. But I’m sceptical. Don’t see him even close to the scorer he was in Houston. 

I think Harden is what he is at this point, still a good player but just not athletic enough to consistently beat guys off the bounce which has led to a huge dip in efficiency. If Ben Simmons can get healthy next year the Nets could potentially win that trade by a country mile. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I think Harden is what he is at this point, still a good player but just not athletic enough to consistently beat guys off the bounce which has led to a huge dip in efficiency. If Ben Simmons can get healthy next year the Nets could potentially win that trade by a country mile. 

I 1000% agree. Anybody who thought the 76ers won that trade, I dont know what to tell them? What happened was people freaked out bc Simmons had one bad game or at best one bad series and then Embiid and Doc threw him under the bus so he mentally checked out. Then the city turned on him as a result bc he wanted out. Morey thought he was a genius and said he was going to trade a 25yr old for a 33yr old who thinks he is still the Rockets version of Harden. He isnt. So the 76ers gave up Simmons, Seth, Drummond, and (2) 1st round picks for Harden who is WASHED and they are going to have to give him big money bc if they let him go then it really makes the trade in favor of the Nets.

The thing is I have more confident in Simmons turning things around than I do Harden. Simmons has been long term plan for the Nets. Harden is the right now plan for the 78ers. Right now the 76ers are eliminated with Harden playing like crap. This offseason is make or break for him. The sad thing is Doc is probably gone and they are going to bring in D'Antonio to continue to get the Rockets version of Harden out and its not going to work bc Harden just isnt capable anymore. The 76ers made an EPIC mistake by first throwing Simmons under the bus for having a bad game against the Hawks last season and secondly trading Simmons for Harden of all people. They couldve gotten Haliburton and Hield from the Kings and that wouldve given then a young talented player in Haliburton plus a solid starter in Hield. And they probably couldve kept both Drummond and Seth too. Maybe the Kings wouldve asked for Drummond but I doubt they wouldve. 

7 hours ago, Troy Brown said:

Why do players like James Harden always say things like "We're just missing a few pieces" when they didn't show up at all

No wonder he and Kyrie hated each other, they're super similar

Its called deflecting. Harden couldve done alot more to make up for what he feels like his team dont have. Embiid gave it his all, Maxey and Harris are both really good and I think Maxey is rising to be a star in this league. Harden failed the 76ers so yeah they are missing a few pieces to help fill the void he isnt filling. You know what the 76ers needed last night? Drummond and Seth lol. Drummond couldve gotten those rebounds that the Heat were getting second points and Seth couldve been draining 3's bc Harden wasnt taking any shots in the 2nd half. Too bad Drummond and Seth were traded to the Nets for Harden lol. 

1 minute ago, stl4life07 said:

Harden who is WASHED and they are going to have to give him big money bc if they let him go then it really makes the trade in favor of the Nets.

The thing is I have more confident in Simmons turning things around than I do Harden. Simmons has been long term plan for the Nets. Harden is the right now plan for the 78ers. Right now the 76ers are eliminated with Harden playing like crap. This offseason is make or break for him. The sad thing is Doc is probably gone and they are going to bring in D'Antonio to continue to get the Rockets version of Harden out and its not going to work bc Harden just isnt capable anymore. The 76ers made an EPIC mistake by first throwing Simmons under the bus for having a bad game against the Hawks last season and secondly trading Simmons for Harden of all people. They couldve gotten Haliburton and Hield from the Kings and that wouldve given then a young talented player in Haliburton plus a solid starter in Hield. And they probably couldve kept both Drummond and Seth too. Maybe the Kings wouldve asked for Drummond but I doubt they wouldve. 

That's probably going to be the biggest issue for Philadelphia, tbh. Harden can potentially opt out of his contract and walk in free agency so they'd lose him for nothing. And if they want him to stay they'll likely have to offer him a 3-4 year max deal to retain him. Is a 33-36 year old Harden going to be worth $40-45M+? It's a huge risk either way. 

The Nets on the other hand have Simmons under contract for three more seasons and he's only 26 years old. I'm assuming they'll retain Irving/Durant so he'll have a chance to help push them over the hump into title contention. But even if it doesn't workout or if they lose Irving/Durant, Simmons is still a pretty valuable trade asset. 

Philly screwed up by essentially tanking Simmons value by dissing him in the media to the point he refused to play which lowered his trade value significantly. And they also screwed up by being dead set on receiving a "star" level player back in any deal for him. As you said they could've gotten a haul of a few good young players that fit well around Embiid as opposed to one star at the end of his career with Harden.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Spartica4Real said:

Miami is legit, I'll admit to underrating them. I think they get underrated by people like me cause you don't think of them as having a true superstar but honestly at this point I'll give Butler his flowers, he turns it up in the postseason (we'll ignore last season lol).

Butler is playing like a superstar now, but their biggest strengths are their defense and that their depth is leagues above most teams in the league. Having guys like Herro, Dipo, Vincent/Strus, and Dedmon on your second unit gives you such an advantage at that point in the game. 

• Like 1