Draft Day 2

Louis Friend

22 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Question to throw out to everyone on the board... If Malik Willis is sitting there at #46, do we grab him? Or would you prefer another player?

I guess the question is: 

- If he's Daniel Jones, do we care that we wouldn't have a 5th year option or

- If he's Russell Wilson, would it be detrimental to us to not have it?

It feels like they would have stayed at 32 (or traded up) to snag him in round 1 if they thought he would be RW. If you think he's that guy, you could justify spending future assets in order to get him. They could take him at 46 but I don't think they do. If he starts to drop into round 3, MAYBE they move up to get him since they'd have addressed another need in round 2 (safety or lb?) and it'd be a low cost. They could also trade down and then take him if he's still sitting there. 

49 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Question to throw out to everyone on the board... If Malik Willis is sitting there at #46, do we grab him? Or would you prefer another player?

I know I'm in the minority here, but he wouldn't even be my next QB.

54 minutes ago, Karnage84 said:
  • Who I want: Chad Muma (46)
  • Who I think they will take: Brian Asamoah (97)

Value wise, there will be a number of LBs available at 97 that I actually think will be great value. Asamoah, Beavers, Tindall, Clark, etc. I wouldn't mind waiting and grabbing BPA at #46, unless Nakobe Dean continues to fall. 

2 minutes ago, diehardlionfan said:

I want Christian Harris.

I think they take, Jaquan Brisker and then Sam Howell at 97.

Honestly - I would not hate that. A swing at 97 on a guy that Ben Johnson should have some familiarity with (both former UNC QB's) and has some tools that may or may not pan out. He should at least be an upgrade over Blough. If Goff goes down, do I/should we want someone with the potential to steal a few W's and take us out of the running for a top end QB next year? Probably not. Would it be nice to pick out a guy who could be anywhere from Davis Mills to Russell Wilson in round 3? Yes it would. 

5 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Value wise, there will be a number of LBs available at 97 that I actually think will be great value. Asamoah, Beavers, Tindall, Clark, etc. I wouldn't mind waiting and grabbing BPA at #46, unless Nakobe Dean continues to fall. 

I just really really like Muma. He feels like another Aidan Hutchinson in terms of personality. He's stout in coverage. Has great size. He could play MLB for us for a long long time. If we still had 66 I would consider waiting. The gap between 46 and 97 is vast and he'll likely be gone by then. 

• Like 2

Just now, Karnage84 said:

I just really really like Muma. He feels like another Aidan Hutchinson in terms of personality. He's stout in coverage. Has great size. He could play MLB for us for a long long time. If we still had 66 I would consider waiting. The gap between 46 and 97 is vast and he'll likely be gone by then. 

I like Muma as well. I guess for me, I see very few S worth taking after Brisker, Pitre and Joseph. None of them will be there at #97. I'd rather have one of them and one of the 3rd rd LBs than Muma and God knows what at #97. 

2 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I like Muma as well. I guess for me, I see very few S worth taking after Brisker, Pitre and Joseph. None of them will be there at #97. I'd rather have one of them and one of the 3rd rd LBs than Muma and God knows what at #97. 

I just don't think Joseph is rated as highly as many of us think he should be. Whether he gets selected in line with his ADP is a different ballgame.

CBS - 55

PFF - 73

PFN - 88

FanSpeak - 95

TDN - 108

AVG = 83.8 ADP