Day 2 NFL draft discussion.

Kiwibrown

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Any chance dean falls to us? I believe in top LB play and outside of JOK the rest of ours are mid at best. 

If we’re doing 4-2-5, it makes a lot of sense. Dean can defend the pass and is going to be a tackling machine.

I read a comp I loved: Jessie Tuggle, former Atlanta Falcon beast.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If we’re doing 4-2-5, it makes a lot of sense. Dean can defend the pass and is going to be a tackling machine.

Makes a ton of sense to me. We could be set at LB for 5-10 years with him and JOK. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Makes a ton of sense to me. We could be set at LB for 5-10 years with him and JOK. 

We could do worse but I’m not really trying to prioritize another smaller linebacker. I actually don’t think he’s that great a prospect. He doesn’t take on blocks very well and I’m concerned on his tackling form. That’s why Quay went earlier yesterday in my opinion. It’s not just his size it’s the player.  

Watch Dean when he tackles it’s consistently behind the offensive players inside shoulder. Coaches teach you tackle on their outside shoulder or head on. Because he’s smaller he’s always tackling on the inside shoulder and in the league your not gonna get away with that. The way he tackles offenders will pickup extra yardage. Go watch him and you’ll see it. 

Id take Muma Chenal and Clark over him honestly. Dean really benefitted from the talent around him as well not having to take on as many blocks. Where he adds value is as a leader of a defense. Not truly being a great player, but he’s your defensive play caller and gets guys in the right spots. We don’t really need that right now. J Phillips can be molded to do that. We need talent. 

Edited by brownie man

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

His 2nd draft was terrible too

Obj for a king's ransom 

Greedy solid, but injured, may end up having a good career

Takitaki meh

Wilson meh

Redwine struggling to stay on a roster.

Drew forbes was worth it for the hype alone. Prospect X

He traded seitzer for obj and he had a 1110 yard season.

Landry another pro bowl with 1200 yards for a 4th round

He also landed us a all pro rg for a 5th round.

Corbett was a solid 10 year guard.

5 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

He traded seitzer for obj and he had a 1110 yard season.

Landry another pro bowl with 1200 yards for a 4th round

He also landed us a all pro rg for a 5th round.

Corbett was a solid 10 year guard.

He traded Peppers and a 1st for OBJ who had one mediocre season, one injury shortened one and one where he turned his back on  your boy 6. 

Im not an economist, but im going to chalk that up as an L. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If he tackles really well, and he stops guys in their tracks then he ill be worth it. I don't want a linebacker that initiates contact an then goes for a ride for 3 yards. 
I think we will miss MJ Stewarts tackling, I had him as the best in the team, he was great at stopping guys where they were, I would have kept him over Ronnie Harrison if we could have, 

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

He traded Peppers and a 1st for OBJ who had one mediocre season, one injury shortened one and one where he turned his back on  your boy 6. 

Im not an economist, but im going to chalk that up as an L. 

I do not know but how good was peppers 

Also with his players Mayfield qb rating was plus 93 in the season

Plus 95 rating in the playoffs 

Buy that also opened the way for are all world rg.

So that's 2 all pros I doubt very seriously that you could trade seltzer and peppers straight up for are all pro rg

Interesting debate but let's agree to disagree there is some defensive players today that can lift this team into the Super bowl

4 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

I do not know but how good was peppers 

Also with his players Mayfield qb rating was plus 93 in the season

Plus 95 rating in the playoffs 

Buy that also opened the way for are all world rg.

So that's 2 all pros I doubt very seriously that you could trade seltzer and peppers straight up for are all pro rg

Interesting debate but let's agree to disagree there is some defensive players today that can lift this team into the Super bowl

OBJ had two great games for the Browns, vs the NYJ and vs Dallas. 

Otherwise he was mediocre at best. that isnt worth two 1sts. 

We could have kept Peppers, drafted DK or AJ brown and not have OBJ walk on the team. 

2 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I forgot the name of the guy who argued with me about it, but it's even more embarrassing now that I've seen it and know how miserable of a film it truly is. 

That was the 2nd greatest argument I’ve seen on here. I don’t usually bust out laughing over stuff I read on the internet, but that almost had me in a coma.

The only thing that topped it was when @NudeTayne argued Tyler Huntley >>>> Lamar Jackson in NFL Gen and trolled ravens fans.

• Like 2