Round 1 Overreactions

goldfishwars

7 hours ago, BigTrav said:

It's so good Seattle drafted a good offensive lineman to protect.........

.......DREW LOCK

To be fair their was no QB worthy of them taking at 9 to that would have been a smart pick.  They literally have 2 picks in the next 10 picks with all but 1 QB available on the board to them.  I don't see the problem here if you wanted to upgrade from lock with how it turned out lol.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Pittsburgh Steelers  - Didn't panic at the spot they obviously wanted to target and took the ready now talent. Problem is that talent might only be a marginal improvement on Mason Rudolph.

He is easily a better talent than Rudolph.

I just dont think he is an improvement or has any upside over Trubisky (and yes, Trubisky is definitely better than Rudolph).

I didnt want any QB in rd 1....but I have no idea why we didnt at least take the one with potentially elite upside.

4 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

The wild part about it, is they don't have a corner to cover Jameson Williams. 

Yeah. It is not like anyone could expect the Vikings with Kirk Cousins, Dalvin Cook, Justin Jefferson, Adam Thielen, etc to keep pace with the high powered Lions offense whenever Williams makes it on the field. 

On 4/29/2022 at 4:59 AM, goldfishwars said:

New York Giants - Without getting dramatic, feels like a course-altering draft (finally) - like the adults have suddenly arrived in NY

The Chiefs received a 3rd round pick for giving up Ryan Poles. It kind'a shows why that was a good idea.

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2022 at 11:29 AM, minutemancl said:

I'll go the opposite-

Gardner is up there with cleanest CB prospects in recent years and will be an immediate impact defender. He's a perennial pro bowler and the best corner the Jets have had since Revis

Sauce is an elite shutdown corner with willingness for the other stuff. He is worth where we was picked.

Coby Bryant on the other side at Cincy is elite at all the other stuff a cornerback does, which allowed Sauce to be what he was in college. I am very interested in how Coby does in the League. I think he was the steal at the position.

Edited by Techbert
  • Like 2

On 6/18/2022 at 11:59 AM, CWood21 said:

Get to less than half that number, and I'd agree.

I am talking about the media draft coverage.

Davis Mills was a 1st rounder according to some clowns in Houston (if he had played another year at Stanford he would have been a 2022 1st rounder.. blah, blah, blah!)

48 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

I am talking about the media draft coverage.

Davis Mills was a 1st rounder according to some clowns in Houston (if he had played another year at Stanford he would have been a 2022 1st rounder.. blah, blah, blah!)

This far he’s shown more promise and production than anyone else drafted at that position in that class and the whole “supporting cast” argument doesn’t hold any water since he went to Houston.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2022 at 4:08 PM, 43M said:

He is easily a better talent than Rudolph.

I just dont think he is an improvement or has any upside over Trubisky (and yes, Trubisky is definitely better than Rudolph).

I didnt want any QB in rd 1....but I have no idea why we didnt at least take the one with potentially elite upside.

Even months later, I'm shocked they didn't double down on Willis later on in case he developed into something great.  It kinda worked for washington for both the short and long term, until Cousins left.

46 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Even months later, I'm shocked they didn't double down on Willis later on in case he developed into something great.  It kinda worked for washington for both the short and long term, until Cousins left.

Meh....I get the logic, but too many needs.   If this were the 2016 or 2017 Steelers roster minus Roethlisberger,  I might be on board with something like that.    Also, I wasnt personally high enough on any of the QBs in this draft to where I could maintain my sanity if we did that.

Wouldve rather had Willis in the 3rd than Pickety in the 1st, but now all I can do is hope for the best.