NFL Draft Day 2 GDT- We get to participate!!

Forge

40 minutes ago, 9erFreak77 said:

C7920-EE9-675-E-450-F-94-AD-2-FE3672673-

Panthers don't have a pick till like 104. How does drafting anyone help them win this year? I'm calling their bluff. They probably want someone to take Darnold's salary and get Baker/Jimmy for cheap. I think the Browns might bite on taking half of Darnold's contract. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Do we trade up or do we think Brisker falls to us? Feeling it’s either Brisker or Parham @61, maybe Jurgens. At least my top 3. 

Trade up, I think. 

91.2671% that we are not picking at 61 in this one. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Do we trade up or do we think Brisker falls to us? Feeling it’s either Brisker or Parham @61, maybe Jurgens. At least my top 3. 

Brisker is too good to fall that far barring some major red flag we're missing out on.

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

My guess for the remaining QB carousel since none of the remaining rookie QB's seem to be seen as long-term starters

Darnold - Texans. Salary dump for Panthers, Mills insurance/backup for Texans.

Mayfield - Seahawks. 

Jimmy G - Panthers

I think this draft couldn't have played out better for the Seahawks with regards to drafting a QB. They have picks 40 and 41...perfect opportunity to burn one on a QB like Willis who can sit behind Lock for a year. Next year, when Lock tanks your season, you further support Willis with a super high pick. 

31 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think this draft couldn't have played out better for the Seahawks with regards to drafting a QB. They have picks 40 and 41...perfect opportunity to burn one on a QB like Willis who can sit behind Lock for a year. Next year, when Lock tanks your season, you further support Willis with a super high pick. 

Or you build the roster, and let Lock tank you into a top pick and one of the QB's next year.

2 minutes ago, DTMW78 said:

Or you build the roster, and let Lock tank you into a top pick and one of the QB's next year.

Problem is, that's a heck of a gamble because you can't be certain you're going to get that pick.  

19 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Out of the rbs, he wants Ford. Granted I haven’t looked at them this year, but I’m just saying Hall and Walker are both available. 

I feel if we trade up and take a receiver I’ll be disappointed! I don’t mind an edge, but I’m leaning towards S or C. 

Do u think we will have to give up a lot to get up into the 40s? Is that a good spot for Brisker or even Pitre? 

1 minute ago, StevenK said:

Out of the rbs, he wants Ford. Granted I haven’t looked at them this year, but I’m just saying Hall and Walker are both available. 

I feel if we trade up and take a receiver I’ll be disappointed! I don’t mind an edge, but I’m leaning towards S or C. 

Do u think we will have to give up a lot to get up into the 40s? Is that a good spot for Brisker or even Pitre? 

Ford is an interesting dude. Thicker guy with some really, really nice burst. 

We will be giving up one of the third round picks if we move up from 61. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Maybe? Akash, is just looking at trade value charts putting things together. I will say I wouldn't be surprised if the team traded a future 3rd.

Pretty much. 

I will say that picks after the first round tend to be far more stable with regards to their trade value, so using the TVC is going to be pretty close most of the time. 

That said, John Lynch / 49ers are one of the worst teams in the league at losing pick value through trades during the draft. I'm pretty sure that he's bottom 5 if I remember right. 

• Like 1