2022 Draft - Day 2

Heimdallr

1 minute ago, CriminalMind said:

The long game could be that KAM might not want to be backed into a corner to extend cousins again next off-season. 

Also if Cousins balls out he should have a lot of trade value

34 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

What does this mean? 

Does it just have to something to do with is now having an early 2nd round pick and him being projected to go in the first before? Or is there some rumblings out there

Edited by vikesfan89

3 minutes ago, golf333333 said:

Wonder if Kwesi will look to trade JJ or Cook. With how good he has shown to be as a draft day trader, I'm guessing we can finagle a 3rd and maybe future 2nd for those guys!

Trade Cousins for a 4th (because he was originally a 4th round pick) and give Sean Mannion a fully guaranteed $150 million contract!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hagar said:

I would be shocked if WE pick Malik Willis at 34. We would/should have taken him at 32 to get the 5th year option since Kirk is still here for 2 more years (at least).

Got to pick Elam or Booth with #34, and an edge rusher at 66, and WR at 77.

• Like 1

Dark horse for the 34th pick - Tariq Woolen, CB.  A converted WR.

6’ 4”

205 lb

40 - 4.26

vertical - 42”

Raw but a lot of potential. Look 👀 at those explosive measurements. 

on a side note, I won’t be able to follow tonight’s picks because I work, but I will check in from time-to-time to see how we are doing. Here’s hoping for an awesome day 2 for Minnesota Vikings! Skol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, battle2heaven said:

I think they can wait on Edge, so i agree there.

I think CB has a big drop, I agree there too.

But I also think Logan Hall is the PERFECT fit as a 5 tech for us and the players remaining in that role are few and far between in this draft. 

I agree 100% with Logan Hall. You put him at DE with Hunter and Smith at OLB, and we have a top notch D-line in my view. Phillips will be our other DE and Tomlinson will be our nose. I would love this front line.

Now, the question is, do we pick him at 34 or do we go CB and trade up for Hall as the draft goes on..

1 hour ago, Boda said:

Just moving this over here since the old thread basically got locked 10m after I posted this

Players Id be okay with at 34

CB - Booth, Gordon

Edge - Ojabo, Mafe

LB - Dean, Harris

WR - Pickens, Watson

QB - Willis (if there is a trade in place to move Mond even if thats only getting a 4th back)

Thoughts on Logan Hall, Skyy Moore, Tariq Woolen?

6 minutes ago, Vikes22 said:

I agree 100% with Logan Hall. You put him at DE with Hunter and Smith at OLB, and we have a top notch D-line in my view. Phillips will be our other DE and Tomlinson will be our nose. I would love this front line.

Now, the question is, do we pick him at 34 or do we go CB and trade up for Hall as the draft goes on..

Wouldn’t hate Logan Hall on the D-line

30 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

What does this mean? 

Does it just have to something to do with is now having an early 2nd round pick and him being projected to go in the first before? Or is there some rumblings out there

I don't think they'll draft Willis with any pick, regardless of how far he falls.  Clearly, they want to keep Cousins happy, to try to get KOC to be able bring out anything better than his past playing level, by signing Sean Mannion.  So, they aren't going to use up a high draft choice on a QB that will rattle Cousins, making him nervous and looking over his shoulder, and waste sorely needed draft capital on a QB who, because of Kirk's contract, and NTC, won't be able to be used until his 3rd year, wiping out 2/4 of his low-cost advantage, which should have been 5 years, instead of 4.  And the combination of THAT fact, and their need to add low-cost, young, high-end talent to the offensive and defensive non-QB holes the team needs to fill, will force them to not draft a QB this season, or, at least, not draft one until the 5th Round (or if they move back up into The 4th.

17 minutes ago, Vikes22 said:

The latter.