2022 Draft - Day 2

Heimdallr

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

I imagine it's less likely the later in the round you go? 

Those are his current odds to go at that exact pick, 34th overall. Not an over/under.

Hopefully we trade 34 to Seattle, maybe throw in Justin Jefferson. Get 40 in return.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, golf333333 said:

Those are his current odds to go at that exact pick, 34th overall. Not an over/under.

Hopefully we trade 34 to Seattle, maybe throw in Justin Jefferson. Get 40 in return.

Tedious to post this kind of stuff over and over.....we get it. You didn't like the trade.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Also, I bet Detroit trades up right before us to get Malik Willis as the ultimate troll move.

Well, if that were to happen, you could guarantee that Willis will be a bust.  They haven't drafted a QB outside of the first round that has ever amounted to anything...their 2nd round QBs were Drew Stanton and Charlie Batch...career backups.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, marshpit23 said:

on a side note, I won’t be able to follow tonight’s picks because I work, but I will check in from time-to-time to see how we are doing. Here’s hoping for an awesome day 2 for Minnesota Vikings! Skol. 

I lied - not intentionally- I got the night off. It wasn’t expected, but the good news is I get to watch and react to day 2. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

or we're using a source to create the impression we are, so to lure in a trading partner for 34.

Which is the greater likelihood...and as I indicated earlier, would be appropriate since the 3 teams right behind us could all use QBs.  

Not buying the Willis smoke.

1. If the Vikings wanted Willis, I feel like they would have taken him at 32. 

2. If the Vikings wanted Willis at 34, that information would be held close to the vest. They wouldn’t want someone to trade ahead of them with Tampa Bay. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, marshpit23 said:

Thoughts on Logan Hall, Skyy Moore, Tariq Woolen?

I kind of touched on a couple of these earlier but maybe not so directly.  Im not the biggest fan of Moore, not saying he cant/wont be good I just would like to see the Vikings add a Receiver with Size/Speed.  Obviously that clashes with my wanting of Jameson Williams earlier but Im not sure Moore will be anything more than a slot receiver in the NFL.  Thats not a bad thing but I think that messes with the ability to move AT & JJ around.  I like the ability to create mismatches during the game.  Would I hate a Moore selection if it happens? No but I'd just much rather have Pickens / Watson & I think you could get a similar prospect in Metchie(66), Wan'Dale Robinson(66) or even Tyquon Thornton a lot later maybe even at 156 or a trade up from there.

Logan Hall would be a good fit and I wouldn't hate that pick either I just think we could sign Akeem Hicks to play that spot for the next year or two and re-evaluate the position next season.  Maybe thats dumb and there won't be a player who could fit as well but its just how I'd play it.

Love Tariq Woolen's size/speed but IMO 34 is too early IMO for a developmental CB & 66 is probably too late.  If we still had pick 46 I wouldn't mind him there

42 minutes ago, Boda said:

I kind of touched on a couple of these earlier but maybe not so directly.  Im not the biggest fan of Moore, not saying he cant/wont be good I just would like to see the Vikings add a Receiver with Size/Speed.  Obviously that clashes with my wanting of Jameson Williams earlier but Im not sure Moore will be anything more than a slot receiver in the NFL.  Thats not a bad thing but I think that messes with the ability to move AT & JJ around.  I like the ability to create mismatches during the game.  Would I hate a Moore selection if it happens? No but I'd just much rather have Pickens / Watson & I think you could get a similar prospect in Metchie(66), Wan'Dale Robinson(66) or even Tyquon Thornton a lot later maybe even at 156 or a trade up from there.

Logan Hall would be a good fit and I wouldn't hate that pick either I just think we could sign Akeem Hicks to play that spot for the next year or two and re-evaluate the position next season.  Maybe thats dumb and there won't be a player who could fit as well but its just how I'd play it.

Love Tariq Woolen's size/speed but IMO 34 is too early IMO for a developmental CB & 66 is probably too late.  If we still had pick 46 I wouldn't mind him there

Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts these players. 

• Like 1