Are you smarter than George Paton?! 2022 Draft Edition

broncosfan_101

Alright kids, time to put your name on it. Accountability and all that. Try to make your picks in real time as best as possible. Feel free to play the game however you want, there are no rules! The only thing to keep in mind: this is not a safe space. We *will* laugh at and mock each other in future years about our bad choices, and that’s a promise. 

For reference: 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, broncosfan_101 said:

Alright kids, time to put your name on it. Accountability and all that. Try to make your picks in real time as best as possible. Feel free to play the game however you want, there are no rules! The only thing to keep in mind: this is not a safe space. We *will* laugh at and mock each other in future years about our bad choices, and that’s a promise. 

For reference: 

My favorite game of the year! 

looks like the old FF site is finally gone so we can’t look all the way back to 2009 anymore.

looking back to last year, it looks like I’m the only one who passed on Fields. Still to early to tell but early results have not been great.

4 hours ago, broncos_fan _from _uk said:

My favorite game of the year! 

looks like the old FF site is finally gone so we can’t look all the way back to 2009 anymore.

looking back to last year, it looks like I’m the only one who passed on Fields. Still to early to tell but early results have not been great.

I’d also argue that the sheen on Fields has dulled over the last 12 months, but I still believe the ceiling is there. Gonna be impossible to look back on that one and determine which was right or wrong. If Fields booms, odds are he would’ve figured it out under Hackett as well (Getsy’s designing the offence in Chicago now, I’m guessing it’ll be similar to what we’re gonna run). But would we have landed Hackett as HC if he was forced to be married to Fields for the medium term? Who would’ve replaced Shurmur? Could Shurmur have gotten enough out of rookie Fields to save his job for another year? If Fields busts, it’ll be easy to point to a sub-optimal development plan in Chicago, which is not under his control. The butterfly effect is always present, but I think it’s extra relevant in this situation.

Last year I took the CHI/NYG trade at 1.9 and picked Caleb Farley at 1.20.

If I had, I would have pick 1.7 this year from CHI and would’ve taken Evan Neal.

Obv this activity doesn’t build on previous years but I feel ok about my decision last year - esp if the Russ sweepstakes turned into a bidding war and we needed both 1.7 and 1.9.

As for this year, I’m glad we traded 1.9 for Russ

I’ll stick with Bonitto, though I really like Dean and Raimann as well!

2:64) Nik Bonitto, LB, OK sure he’s a 2 down LB, but it’s 2nd and 3rd down. He will get swallowed up in the run game but is a natural pass rusher and covers well in short zone in the flat. I don’t really have a good comp for him. He’s so damn unique. Bigger slower Rodney Harrison? 

I like the trade.

3:80) I like Dulcich, but this pick is Nakobi Dean, LB, Georgia all day. We get out DJ Williams/Jonathan Vilma to lead this defense for a decade…starting in 2023

Edited by broncos_fan _from _uk