2022 NFL Draft Day 2 (No posting of picks until they are called!)

titans0021

25 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

In regards to the idea that if you don't draft a QB round 1, you probably shouldn't draft one due to the 5th year option:

This is interesting, had no idea they switched it from just the injury guarantee. Yeah, at that point you’re better off just tagging in the fifth year.

I guess we will see where the team stands rather quickly. But I would add a few tidbits. From everything I read no way is Willis ready to play in the NFL. So that means we can hope sitting for him the 1st year will do for him what it did for Mahomes.  Looking the value of that 5th pick, most want a OL if not Willis which is not a bad choice but I am worried Raimann (best OL left in draft) would be a good run blocker but his age will limit his career in the NFF, but I always am concerned about nonpower 5 OL who are not drafted day 1...

12 minutes ago, quiller said:

I guess we will see where the team stands rather quickly. But I would add a few tidbits. From everything I read no way is Willis ready to play in the NFL. So that means we can hope sitting for him the 1st year will do for him what it did for Mahomes.  Looking the value of that 5th pick, most want a OL if not Willis which is not a bad choice but I am worried Raimann (best OL left in draft) would be a good run blocker but his age will limit his career in the NFF, but I always am concerned about nonpower 5 OL who are not drafted day 1...

You alude to a good point here. Pick 35 tells us where this franchise is going. Trading AJ makes Superbowl aspirations alot smaller and makes this one of the worst WR rooms. If 35 is a qb it's official rebuild mode (which is not a bad idea). If they go OL which I think they will then I have no idea what the thought process is.

17 minutes ago, TJM217 said:

You alude to a good point here. Pick 35 tells us where this franchise is going. Trading AJ makes Superbowl aspirations alot smaller and makes this one of the worst WR rooms. If 35 is a qb it's official rebuild mode (which is not a bad idea). If they go OL which I think they will then I have no idea what the thought process is.

Thought process is we can win by ramming Henry into loaded boxes 30 times a game with enough nasty up front to move the trenches. 

• Like 1

I’m no college expert I’m no film expert 

But the few clips I see of Willis he takes off an runs way too fast 

I want a guy that can stand in there and make throws when it’s crunch time 

Kyler has good regular seasons but struggles when defenses tighten up 

I’m probably in the minority and that’s fine it’s just an opinion and you guys know more and have your opinions but I think I would rather Ridder than Willis 

17 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

I’m no college expert I’m no film expert 

But the few clips I see of Willis he takes off an runs way too fast 

I want a guy that can stand in there and make throws when it’s crunch time 

Kyler has good regular seasons but struggles when defenses tighten up 

I’m probably in the minority and that’s fine it’s just an opinion and you guys know more and have your opinions but I think I would rather Ridder than Willis 

I’m in the same boat. Only thing I don’t like about Ridder is that he doesn’t have that oomph on his throws. 

Honestly, if not Willis, I kind of want to double up at WR.  Christian Watson or Sky Moore paired up with Treylon Burks doesn't look nearly as depressing.

And I don't like the OL options here.  Raimann is old, Kinnard didn't test well, and Parham or Tom or Fortner or Jurgens or Ingram can all be had later.  Maybe Abraham Lucas, if we're set to go OL would be good.

1. Willis
2. Watson
3. Moore
4. Lucas
5. Tre McBride/Isaiah Likely
6. IDK Ebikeite?

Willis is the game changer type of player that we need at QB that could take our offense to the next level post Tannehill. Ridder fits perfectly in the system, but I don't believe in drafting a QB that's just basically the next Tannehill that could probably win games for us, but he'd never be THE guy that got us to the promise land. Malik has that ability. He's a special talent that could turn into a homerun pick, and at this point in the 2nd round it's worth the risk to take the dice roll on Malik's talent and see what happens. Worst case scenario, it doesn't work out with Malik, and all you lost was a second round pick. It's not the same type of investment that a first would've been. 

14 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Honestly, if not Willis, I kind of want to double up at WR.  Christian Watson or Sky Moore paired up with Treylon Burks doesn't look nearly as depressing.

And I don't like the OL options here.  Raimann is old, Kinnard didn't test well, and Parham or Tom or Fortner or Jurgens or Ingram can all be had later.  Maybe Abraham Lucas, if we're set to go OL would be good.

1. Willis
2. Watson
3. Moore
4. Lucas
5. Tre McBride/Isaiah Likely
6. IDK Ebikeite?

hard agree. if we don't like a QB, i want watson or moore and then parham/tom/jurgens later on would be great.