Where and when does Malik Willis go?

Mox

58 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

ATL is one of the places I think gives Willis the best chance to boom

Maybe but i just don't like him or any QB in this class as much as Mariotta's potential and i have like 5 QB's in next years class better than Willis in this class as prospects coming out.   I would also prefer to start my rookie QB's contract next year instead of this year if we are getting one to replace mariotta after giving him a shot this year.   The longer you have a rookie contract the longer your window is open to get a championship with building a team around him and can put better pieces around them to help them succeed.

35 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Was Aaron Rodgers media created hype at 1 or 1A in 2005 when only the Packers wanted him and not enough to move up from 24?

I'd say there's a difference between a guy falling from the top to the bottom of the 1st round and a guy falling from a potential top 10 pick to the bottom half of the 3rd round. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

I'd say there's a difference between a guy falling from the top to the bottom of the 1st round and a guy falling from a potential top 10 pick to the bottom half of the 3rd round. 

It was a year when very few teams had a desperate need for a QB and the one team that wanted a QB was picking at 20 instead of 10.

The team most in need of a QB picked at 6 when the QBs were rated in that 20-45 range and not again until round 4 (they traded up into round 3)

The Panthers had the best OT fall into their lap so they took the higher rated player.

Do these QBs all suck because Atlanta read the room and waited a bit for their guy?

Its the opposite of NE drafting the round 3 guy in round 1. Good for them.

On 4/30/2022 at 7:13 AM, SkippyX said:

It was a year when very few teams had a desperate need for a QB and the one team that wanted a QB was picking at 20 instead of 10.

The team most in need of a QB picked at 6 when the QBs were rated in that 20-45 range and not again until round 4 (they traded up into round 3)

The Panthers had the best OT fall into their lap so they took the higher rated player.

Do these QBs all suck because Atlanta read the room and waited a bit for their guy?

Its the opposite of NE drafting the round 3 guy in round 1. Good for them.

Okay. Several very QB needy teams passed on him several times over. Seattle -- perhaps the most QB needy team in the league -- passed on Malik 3 times over on Friday. The Panthers, as you note, are similarly starved for a QB, and they traded up for Corral, not Malik. Heck, he wasn't even the 2nd QB taken. 

I wouldn't say they suck (time will tell on that), but I would say they were all either very low ceiling or very low floor prospects. Malik has a long way to go with technique and acumen to be a legitimate starting option in the NFL. I compare him to Tyler Huntley, who I'd consider an upper echelon backup. 

On 4/30/2022 at 7:13 AM, SkippyX said:

Actually, I do have one more thing to add. 

The last time we've seen only 1 QB go in the 1st round was the 2013 class, which consisted of EJ Manuel, Geno Smith, Mike Glennon, and Matt Barkley. Did all of those QBs suck? Was the NFL right in not over-valuing them due to the position they play? 

57 minutes ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Actually, I do have one more thing to add. 

The last time we've seen only 1 QB go in the 1st round was the 2013 class, which consisted of EJ Manuel, Geno Smith, Mike Glennon, and Matt Barkley. Did all of those QBs suck? Was the NFL right in not over-valuing them due to the position they play? 

2000 had 1 QB drafted in round 1. How did the 6th round guy do?