IT JUST HIT ME! I know what we're gonna do in the 2nd Round:

They really like Georgia LBer Nakobe Dean from Georgia. They will not trade up for him, but if he's there? That's the pick!

What will they do then?

They will trade down to the late part of the 2nd round. Pick up some more draft capital.

And select: QB Carson Strong!

why do I say that?

Because they want him BAD! They know he won't be there with that Compensatory 3rd rounder they got from the Saints. Plus, there's about to be a run on QB's today in the 2nd Rd.

Washington will not risk losing him with their compensatory 3rd round pick.

Anyways, just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

I know this will tick off some people. Thinking they could get him him in the 3rd, or even 4th Rd.

But I believe they love this dude! And won't take a chance on missing out to get him.

So get ready to have 2-Carsons at QB for this team.

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2022/4/27/23041980/carson-strong-injury-news-update-timetable-2022-nfl-draft-qb-prospect

Strong has battled osteochondritis dissecans — a knee condition involving issues with the cartilage — for which he has undergone multiple surgeries. He had biodegradable screws inserted into the joint in high school and required his most recent surgery in order to play in 2021. Even in a best-case scenario, Strong’s knee will require a maintenance plan throughout his NFL career.

So, we trade for the one Carson with multiple injuries to his legs to then draft a second Carson who will likely have knee injury issues for his entire career/life?

Taking the second WR makes more sense, ace.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Woz said:

https://dknation.draftkings.com/2022/4/27/23041980/carson-strong-injury-news-update-timetable-2022-nfl-draft-qb-prospect

So, we trade for the one Carson with multiple injuries to his legs to then draft a second Carson who will likely have knee injury issues for his entire career/life?

Taking the second WR makes more sense, ace.

I guarantee we take Carson Strong, Woz.

Guarantee it.

Just now, aceinthehouse said:

I guarantee we take Carson Strong, Woz.

Guarantee it.

1. Just what this team needs, another player spending all of their time in the training room.
  2. I'll take the field on that one. At least in the second round.

It just makes too much sense to me.

Wentz is here for at least a 1 year. If he plays great, we keep him.

If not, we cut or trade him without cap ramifications.

Carson Strong has a big arm. I don't care if he has more bolts in his knee than Frankenstein. The dude can sling it.

There will be no pressure in playing Strong & we can monitor his health as we go. Build his strength and so on.

14 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

It just makes too much sense to me.

Wentz is here for at least a 1 year. If he plays great, we keep him.

If not, we cut or trade him without cap ramifications.

Carson Strong has a big arm. I don't care if he has more bolts in his knee than Frankenstein. The dude can sling it.

There will be no pressure in playing Strong & we can monitor his health as we go. Build his strength and so on.

If Wentz plays well, we just toss Strong aside for three years? That's a waste of a valuable draft pick.

But let me just entertain the trade for just a moment:

Focusing solely on the picks-for-picks trades, when using the Johnson trade chart

WAS: -88
DET: -230
PHI: -1
NWE: +16
BAL: +2
TEN: +25
TAM: +1

After Washington and Detroit gave up some serious value, it is hewing VERY close to the Johnson chart in terms of value. That kind of makes sense since there's not some superstar to fall in love with but a lot of good guys to get.

Given that, 47 -> 57 is a loss of 100 points, equivalent to pick 100 overall. Buffalo owns 57, so they would need to get the Bills to give up a 4th to possibly get two day 3 picks and make it worth their while. Problem is Buffalo traded that pick to Baltimore to move up to take Kaiir Elam last night.

Pick 56 is Dallas and the delta to 56 is just 90 points. They do have 4 5th round picks, so they could conceivably trade 129, 155, and 176 (Washington would have a net gain of 0.2 draft points). However, do we deal with them?

58? That's Atlanta's currently, loss of 110 points. They do have pick 82 (180 pts), so if the deal was 47+113 -> 58 + 82, that would be a net loss of 2 points for Washington. This is doable, but Washington doesn't get any more picks. They do move up from the early 4th to the mid 3rd (gaining 32 spots) at a cost of 11 spots in the 2nd. Is Carson Strong worth that?

In any event, you also failed to answer one simple question: why is any team trading up to the middle of the 2nd?