Round 2 Pick 34; Christian Watson, WR, NDSU

Packerraymond

2 hours ago, gopackgo972 said:

I wish they were able to play Oregon in 2020. That would’ve knocked them down a peg or two. Their fans were legitimately thinking they were going to go into Eugene and beat the Ducks. 

They had Trey Lance (1st round QB), Christian Watson (2nd round pick), DIllon Radunz (2nd round pick), Jabrill Cox (3rd round pick), Cordell Volson. What makes you think they wouldn't have given Oregon all they can handle? Oregon was 4-3 in 2020. Hell, NDSU might have been favored in that game. Problem with teams like Oregon is that have a hard time handling NDSU's physicality. Teams are more used to playing against the spread, and NDSU usually just runs it down these FBS teams' throat. And they've had good enough QB play to make enough plays in the passing game. The other problem for those teams is they and their fans think they'll just walk all over them. This year's NDSU team wasn't that good because they didn't have a good QB.

Edited by TheEagle

Wasn’t the biggest Watson guy but I get it. At a minimum he can take the MVS role. You can see a stud athlete who seems like a good dude/workaholic panning out

2 2s was high but with how the board broke, it was what it was. Staying put would have meant 5 10 Sky Moore wr 2. Pickens would have been nice but he was probably off the board.

7 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I know I was on the Pickens train but I honestly didn't give Watson enough of my time due to bias and I'm not afraid to admit that. Been watching what I can the last 5 hours or so and, Jesus Christ, we may have drafted a superstar (yes, that's a play on the musical). This kid is ******* electric. The comparisons to MVS are as lazy as it could possibly get. He's closer to a Calvin Johnson level freak than he is MVS. 

Welcome aboard the hype train. Seats available behind

@ThatJerkDaveand @Tperk

Utada Hikaru Japan GIF

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TheEagle said:

They had Trey Lance (1st round QB), Christian Watson (2nd round pick), DIllon Radunz (2nd round pick), Jabrill Cox (3rd round pick), Cordell Volson. What makes you think they wouldn't have given Oregon all they can handle? Oregon was 4-3 in 2020. Hell, NDSU might have been favored in that game. Problem with teams like Oregon is that have a hard time handling NDSU's physicality. Teams are more used to playing against the spread, and NDSU usually just runs it down these FBS teams' throat. And they've had good enough QB play to make enough plays in the passing game. The other problem for those teams is they and their fans think they'll just walk all over them. This year's NDSU team wasn't that good because they didn't have a good QB.

Sure the game may have been close but they were not going to beat Oregon.