Round 2 Pick 34; Christian Watson, WR, NDSU

Packerraymond

51 minutes ago, mikemike778 said:

Tom Brady is a freak who seems to perform well in clutch games every time.

Rodgers isn't Brady. I real life, people have days when they don't play well. Its just life. Doesn't matter how much you get paid you will mess things up some days. Its called real life. You can't control when you are going to have a bad day/game, you just have to hope it isn't on a big day. 

What?... Brady was pretty junkie against the Packers.

Brady had an excellent OL that kept him clean and had amazing weapons across the board- three excellent TEs, great WRs and an excellent running game. Brady responded by almost blowing the game with 3-INTs and three more popup throws where Packer defenders dropped uncontested INTs. Brady and the Bucs offense were saved by King's incompetence, the Packers dropping INTs and the Bucs defense dominating the Packers Bakh less OL.

Rodgers, with half the weapons and a turnstile OL, decisively outplayed Brady.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, StatKing said:

Of course he shoulders some blame. Never said he didn't but I would rather watch the Packers with him than without him thank you very much. You have no idea how incredibly spoiled you sound when you say year after year of playoff disappointments. We are a perennial playoff team because of him. Every year he gives us a chance, and I would rather have that than watch a team I know is dead in the water by week 8.

I know I'm gonna get a few around here mad at me when I say again that most Packers fans around these days have no clue what it was like during the 70s and 80s.  For a quarter century if we reached .500 it was cause for celebration.   Getting in as a wild card was as rare as hen's teeth let alone winning the division.  I for one am in no hurry to return to those days.  And those that say it can't happen are kidding themselves.  So instead of bi****** because we haven't won more Lombardi trophies lately enjoy these good times.  For example it took 17 years for the Bills to return the playoffs after 1999.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I know I'm gonna get a few around here mad at me when I say again that most Packers fans around these days have no clue what it was like during the 70s and 80s.  For a quarter century if we reached .500 it was cause for celebration.   Getting in as a wild card was as rare as hen's teeth let alone winning the division.  I for one am in no hurry to return to those days.  And those that say it can't happen are kidding themselves.  So instead of bi****** because we haven't won more Lombardi trophies lately enjoy these good times.  For example it took 17 years for the Bills to return the playoffs after 1999.

This is low self-esteem thinking.

4 minutes ago, Pugger said:

I know I'm gonna get a few around here mad at me when I say again that most Packers fans around these days have no clue what it was like during the 70s and 80s.  For a quarter century if we reached .500 it was cause for celebration.   Getting in as a wild card was as rare as hen's teeth let alone winning the division.  I for one am in no hurry to return to those days.  And those that say it can't happen again are kidding themselves.  So instead of bi****** because we haven't won more Lombardi trophies lately enjoy these good times.  

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

This is low self-esteem thinking.

Why, because I remember all those years when the Packers stunk and we were considered the Siberia of the NFL and have no desire to return to those days again?  Or that I am satisfied with just getting into the playoffs?  ALL of us want the team to in another Lombardi but it isn't easy and a hell of lot of things have to go your way to do so.  Only one team wins and not necessarily the best team that year.  It is often the team that gets red hot at the right time.  I don't feel we were the best team in 2010 but we went on a roll and won it all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pugger said:

Why, because I remember all those years when the Packers stunk and we were considered the Siberia of the NFL and have no desire to return to those days again?  Or that I am satisfied with just getting into the playoffs?  ALL of us want the team to in another Lombardi but it isn't easy and a hell of lot of things have to go your way to do so.  Only one team wins and not necessarily the best team that year.  It is often the team that gets red hot at the right time.  I don't feel we were the best team in 2010 but we went on a roll and won it all.

Yes!

Being so terrified of returning to the days of being the Siberia of the NFL that you're extremely risk adverse in team building, is low self esteem thinking. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yes!

Being so terrified of returning to the days of being the Siberia of the NFL that you're extremely risk adverse in team building, is low self esteem thinking. 

LOL!  Am I risk adverse to team building because I was not in favor of trading Rodgers?  I look at it as one who is adverse to cheering for and watching crappy football.  Been there, done that.

Just now, Pugger said:

LOL!  Am I risk adverse to team building because I was not in favor of trading Rodgers?  I look at it as one who is adverse to cheering for and watching crappy football.  Been there, done that.

Not "Not being adverse to trading Rodgers" being adverse to even pondering the possibility of trading Rodgers and using "Oh no, we'll be back to sucking because Rodgers is the Green Bay Packers" as your reasoning.