Pick 35 Titans Select Roger McCreary

615finest

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

The idea that we would’ve drafted our Cruik replacement 35th overall instead of just paying Cruik $2 million is perfect.

Cruik had some nagging injury issues, McCreary does not. McCreary is also an outright better player, assuming he lives up to his potential, and can cover WRs more reliably.

We're going to predominantly use 4 to rush the passer as long as Schwartz is here.

Outside of that, Byard/Hooker/Fulton/Farley/Molden/McCreary/Long will be on the field in passing situations. Cunningham of course for run downs and the like.

We showed the blueprint to stop high end offenses last year. Now we're making that plan even better by selecting McCreary. I like it, honestly.

10 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

This pick screams to me that Watson was the target and then when the Packers sniped him, we panicked. I mean -- I guess you can't have enough good corners. Maybe he's good. But this pick was not it. 

This logic never made sense to me. They have contingency plans if they don’t get their top choice. McCreary is who they wanted. It’s not like they panicked and threw a dart at a board. Assuming they did want Watson do you really think they didn’t talk about contingencies if he got picked before 35?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

This feels like a pick that we question now but could be fans of down the road like Derrick Henry.

Right now though, it’s puzzling because there were other top prospect at positions of needs.

yeah. like, he's a fine player but i'm just sick of how obviously cool our FO is with having subpar offensive talent. such a bad, dated philosophy

1 minute ago, Chocolateman78 said:

This logic never made sense to me. They have contingency plans if they don’t get their top choice. McCreary is who they wanted. It’s not like they panicked and threw a dart at a board. Assuming they did want Watson do you really think they didn’t talk about contingencies if he got picked before 35?

It makes so little sense to me from a team building perspective that I'm struggling to come up with an actually logical explanation other than that. 

3 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Exactly 

what is the plan here 

The plan is we need CB depth what CB depth do we have honestly 🤔 has Fulton played a full season has Farley showed us anything okay what do we have after that Chris Jackson 🥴 & molden a slot only CB

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

Fulton, Farley, McCreary, Byard, and Molden is likely the starting secondary in 2023.

You're missing Hooker, but yeah, add Hooker and that'll be the group that is on the field the majority of defensive snaps given pass defense/nickel/etc is the most common defense now.