Jets Select RB Breece Hall with the 36th Pick

Abe56

46 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think some still stand by to not draft a RB high. But go look at the top RBs in the league. All quality picks. So that argument doesn’t sit well anymore. Especially if they’re a 3 down back like Hall. JD has already said he was 18tg on their board. So to get him where we did with a small trade up. Is genius. As for as players outside of QB (mainly Pickett)… I think Hall is the favorite for OROY. I love Carter. But fact is Hall can do everything Carter can, just with size. So it will be nice to not have to give Hall an obscene amount of touches, but he will be our lead back. This will be a nasty RB duo for 3 years

I like 2nd/3rd round backs, Carter should have been picked earlier we got a steal in the 4th. I wanna draft one every year and just keep a rotation of young guys on team friendly contracts running through the systems. Hall has Franchise Back potential though, he might be one of the best Backs we've ever had.

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

I still don't understand some bashing the trade up

I think the only trade up bashers are non Jets fans and those who believe a RB is like a punter - only draftable on day 3.  Those same bashers will be singing JD’s praises when Hall rushes for over 1000 years consistently. 

12 hours ago, xrade said:

I think the only trade up bashers are non Jets fans and those who believe a RB is like a punter - only draftable on day 3.  Those same bashers will be singing JD’s praises when Hall rushes for over 1000 years consistently. 

Same people who bashed the AVT trade up. 

1 minute ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Same people who bashed the AVT trade up. 

Probably, but with AVT we gave up two TRP's to get a non-stat sheet filling player.  I can understand that a little more than giving up what is essentially a fifth round pick for the best RB in the draft class.  I said this last year about the AVT trade up, if he is going to be a perennial All Pro, no one will remember what it took to get him.

This going to be a fun year.  I can feel it.  Oh, and Gase sucks.

9 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I agree on Hall. i think in the end he will be the all time rusher in Jets history for yards and TD's. Sorry Curtis Martin but Hall is coming in like a wrecking ball. 

I wouldn't go that far... Curtis Martin is 6th all time in rushing. Plus we live in a different era of football that doesn't put as much emphasis on the RB. 

LT, Gore, AP, and McCoy are the only guys in the top 25 from the last 10 years.  

Edited by Sapo28

12 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I agree on Hall. i think in the end he will be the all time rusher in Jets history for yards and TD's. Sorry Curtis Martin but Hall is coming in like a wrecking ball. 

No chance in hell. Dude is going to be splitting carries.