Midseason Grades

SwiftPride

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/11/10/detroit-lions-midseason-grades/850097001/

Now at the midpoint of the season, order appears to have been restored. The Lions are 4-4 and in the thick of the NFC North race, about to start a three-game stretch Sunday against the Cleveland Browns that will help determine their playoff future.

How would you rank the Lions so far this season?

I'd give them a C+

They've beaten the teams they should of and played some teams really tough in a loss.

Obviously the running game leaves a lot to desire, and because we couldn't run we lost two games which really, likely we could have or should have won(* Pit/Atl ).

I'm not impressed with this season's draft honestly. Really upset with Teez Tabor still. Lebetter, Reeves-Maybin and Roberts seem like nice picks now but I do truly wonder if they aren't anything but back end rotational players. Fringe roster players.

Not always impressed with the coaches in game decisions. Infact I think it's this staff's biggest weakness, particularly the head coach.

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

I'd give them a C+

They've beaten the teams they should of and played some teams really tough in a loss.

Obviously the running game leaves a lot to desire, and because we couldn't run we lost two games which really, likely we could have or should have won(* Pit/Atl ).

I'm not impressed with this season's draft honestly. Really upset with Teez Tabor still. Lebetter, Reeves-Maybin and Roberts seem like nice picks now but I do truly wonder if they aren't anything but back end rotational players. Fringe roster players.

Not always impressed with the coaches in game decisions. Infact I think it's this staff's biggest weakness, particularly the head coach.

I'm taking a wait and see approach on Tabor. CB can be a hard thing to transition into especially depending on the type of player.

i like the Davis pick so far, a lot. Dude constantly flies around and has made a good number of plays. 

Unless he signs a sweet heart deal I think you've got to let Ziggy walk. It'll suck. I'm just really hoping he doesn't go to the Vikings/Bears.

But, honestly, unless he comes back and gets like 6 + sacks for the rest of the year I don't see Lions committing to him long term finically. They literally could use the same money and go sign a more proven commodity/player.

1 hour ago, SimbaWho said:

Unless he signs a sweet heart deal I think you've got to let Ziggy walk. It'll suck. I'm just really hoping he doesn't go to the Vikings/Bears.

But, honestly, unless he comes back and gets like 6 + sacks for the rest of the year I don't see Lions committing to him long term finically. They literally could use the same money and go sign a more proven commodity/player.

This past off season I would have disagreed, but after this start and the perma-injured status, I have to agree. Zettel being better than expected eases the pain a little bit, but our cupboard is pretty bare of pass rushers 

On 11/15/2017 at 8:35 PM, Nnivolcm said:

This past off season I would have disagreed, but after this start and the perma-injured status, I have to agree. Zettel being better than expected eases the pain a little bit, but our cupboard is pretty bare of pass rushers 

Ziggy seems more like a feast or famine type player the more he plays. It seems to me that's he's either really been on it or disappeared.

51 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Ziggy seems more like a feast or famine type player the more he plays. It seems to me that's he's either really been on it or disappeared.

Outside of the Giants game when he faced a bag of potatoes, I haven't seen much feasting. He's just been to banged up over the last few years to be much of a factor. 

Archived