WR Wan’Dale Robinson selected by Giants @ 2.43

Acgott

35 minutes ago, Giants4eva said:

trash pick. Not a fan in the least. way too many other prospects on the board that were of bigger value than  this guy. this is a 4th / 5th rd pick easily. Bad call by Schoen on this one and he knows it. 

I don't know enough about this player to agree/disagree. But I'm curious what evidence there is of Schoen knowing this is a trash pick. Did he say someone bad about Robinson?

6 minutes ago, w4rrior723 said:

I don't know enough about this player to agree/disagree. But I'm curious what evidence there is of Schoen knowing this is a trash pick. Did he say someone bad about Robinson?

Player who transferred from Nebraska to KY because of lack of production and / or usuage as a slot WR. Blows up the 1 season with Kentucky but more so used as slot guy who is very slippery. We don't need a gadget player in the 2nd round. Thats the line of thinking. Dude is 5'8 175 lbs soaking wet. Where is he gonna compete? What 4th or 5th WR? If thats what your target is then u go for a guy like this in the rounds 4/5. This selection is way too high and especially with other highly talented prospects sitting there like Nakobe Dean, David Ojabo, Trey McBride and Darrian Kinnard. Chad Muma would've made more sense than this. 

Edited by Giants4eva

1 hour ago, Giants4eva said:

Player who transferred from Nebraska to KY because of lack of production and / or usuage as a slot WR. Blows up the 1 season with Kentucky but more so used as slot guy who is very slippery. We don't need a gadget player in the 2nd round. Thats the line of thinking. Dude is 5'8 175 lbs soaking wet. Where is he gonna compete? What 4th or 5th WR? If thats what your target is then u go for a guy like this in the rounds 4/5. This selection is way too high and especially with other highly talented prospects sitting there like Nakobe Dean, David Ojabo, Trey McBride and Darrian Kinnard. Chad Muma would've made more sense than this. 

To clarify, I'm wondering if there any reason for us to believe Schoen himself knowingly made a pick he believes to be trash. That would be extremely concerning if he did that. Hopefully that's not the case.

5 hours ago, Acgott said:

The issue, even if Robinson was a good pick, he’s a smaller receiver in the same vein as Toney, and even Shepard. I rather have gotten a different dynamic there.

The Chiefs managed to make it work with Mecole Hardman and Tyreek Hill.

Truthfully, I know everyone judges how the Giants picked based on blurbs and mock drafts from the Internet, but Schoen/Daboll deserve the benefit of a doubt until they prove to be stupid like Gettleman.

After listening to the Big Blue Banter podcast where they talk about Robinson I feel better about the pick. The Giants want a quick hitting offense to lessen the dependence on the offensive line for protection. It also seemed at one press conference Brain Daboll almost forgot Slayton is on the team. I can easily see Robinson being the 3rd wide out on this team to start the season plus Slayton and Shepard are just about as good as gone in 2023. 

19 minutes ago, Go_Giants said:

After listening to the Big Blue Banter podcast where they talk about Robinson I feel better about the pick. The Giants want a quick hitting offense to lessen the dependence on the offensive line for protection. It also seemed at one press conference Brain Daboll almost forgot Slayton is on the team. I can easily see Robinson being the 3rd wide out on this team to start the season plus Slayton and Shepard are just about as good as gone in 2023. 

He didn’t forget Slayton. He’s on the trade block, we can’t afford him lol. 

Although I still don't like where we took him, I feel quite a bit better about Robinson after seeing his highlights. He's as great a juker and a burner as you would expect, but also absorbs hits like a sponge. Prodigious body control too; on several plays he makes a point of getting both feet in bounds on sideline catches, not just the required one.

12 hours ago, y*so*blu said:

Although I still don't like where we took him, I feel quite a bit better about Robinson after seeing his highlights. He's as great a juker and a burner as you would expect, but also absorbs hits like a sponge. Prodigious body control too; on several plays he makes a point of getting both feet in bounds on sideline catches, not just the required one.

Absolutely, you only need to watch a few of his highlight reels and stats from last year to see why the front office fell lin love with this kid.  Sure I'm not a fan of the smaller type receivers, but this kid can play football.  He's short but thick, very strong and not scared to catch over the middle.  His start and stop burst is insane, reads the field very well can find open space and when it's not there he makes it with his ability to get seperation.  

Look forward to seeing how his traits translate to the NFL.  

It clearly appears that the Giants offense is going to be extremely fast with a power run concept considering the size of offensive lineman drafted.  I personally like the concept.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2022 at 12:40 PM, ny92mike said:

Absolutely, you only need to watch a few of his highlight reels and stats from last year to see why the front office fell lin love with this kid. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV8wRDRzEYU

I think this guy highlight reels is just as good and we could have got this guy in the 4th round. 

Edited by Go_Giants
Wrong round.

3 minutes ago, Acgott said:

He was probably over drafted, but I’m not sure what big board you are looking at. I see him as a 3rd rounder.

ESPN has him listed as the 14th best wideout and I believe he was the 7th wideout taken in the draft.  Calvin Austin was taken late in the 4th and was rated 13th best wideout.  Wen'dale was way over drafted, by about two rounds.