Pick 2 - #51 overall - IOL Cam Jurgens

Kiltman

2 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Iā€™m sure Jurgens is a perfectly cromulent IOL but damn have you seen this secondary šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

I think we are signing Mathieu/secondary help after the draft, but yeah I'd have loved Jurgens at 83 and a secondary player like Brisker at 51 or something.

Good chance there were other teams between 51 and 83 that would have taken Jurgens and Eagles didn't want to take a chance their guy was off the board. Tony Pauline said Eagles were Jurgens floor at 51 and he was right. I could've easily seen the Niners at 61 loving him. He would've been a great fit with Shanny.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

3 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

No but if we want to compete in a bad NFC then taking players that can contribute this coming season make more sense.

Injuries happen all the time. He very well could end up playing a larger role than how it appears today. Having a good center is not a luxury pick to me. I trust Stoutland, who I'm sure endorsed Jurgens, and I think Jurgens will be a very good player.

Just now, Folesadelphia said:

Injuries happen all the time. He very well could end up playing a larger role than how it appears today. Having a good center is not a luxury pick to me. I trust Stoutland, who I'm sure endorsed Jurgens, and I think Jurgens will be a very good player.

I have nothing against him as a player. Will probably be a good cetner for a long time.

Ā 

I just don't think now was the time to make that move.

Just now, Jeezla said:

So you're saying my picks might be better?

Yep. It's possible they could be. Like you said we don't know how these guys develop/produce yet.

But, based on the guys you said I would give the guys the Eagles took a higher grade. Both would have been results I would've been happy with though.

Maybe we can revisit this in a few years if one of us remembers this back and forth.

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yep. It's possible they could be. Like you said we don't know how these guys develop/produce yet.

But, based on the guys you said I would give the guys the Eagles took a higher grade. Both would have been results I would've been happy with though.

Maybe we can revisit this in a few years if one of us remembers this back and forth.

I'll only remember if I'm right

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I have nothing against him as a player. Will probably be a good cetner for a long time.

Ā 

I just don't think now was the time to make that move.

Who would you have taken that was a penciled starter?Ā