Pick 2 - #51 overall - IOL Cam Jurgens

Kiltman

5 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Feels like a luxury pick but I get it. Idk man not sure how he was bpa.

Yea, I don’t get that feeling at all. If Kelce retires next year and this kid steps right in, it’s an easy W for Howie. If not, he competes for RG and provides valuable depth. It’s not sexy. But just because he’s a starter in the making, doesn’t make it bad. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea, I don’t get that feeling at all. If Kelce retires next year and this kid steps right in, it’s an easy W for Howie. If not, he competes for RG and provides valuable depth. It’s not sexy. But just because he’s a starter in the making, doesn’t make it bad. 

Honestly seeing a lot of the same vibes in this thread that we saw exactly 1 year ago for Landon Dickerson.

#TrustStout

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Honestly seeing a lot of the same vibes in this thread that we saw exactly 1 year ago for Landon Dickerson.

#TrustStout

i think more people were worried that dickerson couldnt stay on the field rather than if we needed him

11 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I never said it was bad but I think there was a myriad of players left that would've been better picks for us. Again, I get it. Just kind of C+/B- on it. It's fine.

17 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

He might be center only.

8 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I thought it was the pec? I’ve heard Rapoport and Brugler say pec (which is connected to the shoulder I guess)

his second reply says its a lot of different injuries but the shoulder is the most important one

16 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

You all wanted to take Linderbaum in the top 10 and now Jurgens is C1. LOL. 

Just now, TheRealMcCoy said:

what-do-you-mean-you-people.gif

I definitely was not included in this. I had been laughing at mock drafts months ago that had Linderbaum going in the top 10 like 7th overall to the Giants. Total lunacy by people who don't realize how positional value is factored into things. I kept telling people on here that we didn't need to draft a center in the 1st round who would be redshirting. Day 2? That's a different story. I was waxing poetic about the options that would be out there in the 2nd or 3rd round that we could develop including Jurgens. I still think Linderbaum deserved to be C1 in this class. His tape was easily the most consistent, but he doesn't have the kind of power Jurgens has. Both are amazing athletes. Jurgens tested a little better, but its marginal. Jurgens is more scheme agnostic than Linderbaum. He has almost 2 inch longer arms than Linderbaum. Yes, he needs some work on being more patient with hand placement and footwork, but I think he went to the perfect situation and he can develop into C1 in Philly and with him learning as a rookie under Kelce and the best OL coach in the league. I'd feel pretty confident in Jurgens hitting his ceiling. Linderbaum is closer to a finished product.

FRFFSaIXMAEkt96?format=png&name=large

Also, if I may... lets be honest here. Linderbaum is tailor made for a ZBS. The Ravens weren't the best fit for him. There are a lot of other teams in the league that run more zone blocking run plays than the Ravens including your Philadelphia Eagles.

Last year the Ravens ran zone blocking (IZ + OZ) on just 38% of their plays, meanwhile the Eagles ran zone blocking on 69% of their plays. Linderbaum wishes he went to Philly instead of Baltimore. Now, could the Ravens adjust their offense to accommodate him? Sure. Will they do it and if so... how much? No clue.

I don't think its crazy to think Jurgens could become C1, but he wasn't on tape in college despite his tools. He took a big leap this past year according to PFF's grades on him over his 3 years starting and he landed in the perfect situation to hit his ceiling. Not to mention its been reported by a few people that there was multiple teams that had Jurgens as the best center in this draft class.

Reposting this in here.