The future of the Detroit Lions forum

SwiftPride

22 hours ago, vike daddy said:

it's always a good idea to go in to other forums the week of your mutual games, discuss football, get to know members, and then invite them over to your own forum for games and analysis.

Good point.

we lost that cross banter and many of our members because when others visit it would so quickly go off the rails. There’s other reasons we’ll but we won’t revisit those.

Quit being so uptight about everything..

Then you got that a hole that wants to be the grammar police lmao...certain people just come across wrong around this site think they are cute doing it and around the rules... it's like a bunch of old ladies 

People get to butt hurt 

2 minutes ago, Superduperman said:

Social media have destroyed message boards and forums like this one. The days of thousands of people using a single message board every day are probably a thing of the past. The change of format and location doesn't help either

This new forum should give people a bigger reason to post.

This is so much more clean and crisp than the last site. Being mobile is no longer a pain and very doable.

This site has caused activity across the forum to increase quite a bit from what I see. There's a select few forums that are either the same or less, but for the most part most forums are exceptionally more active in large part to the switch.

Meh, I know what he means a little I didn't post for like a month cause I lost my old screen name password* Just forgot it.

Not that anyone cares, but some people will recognize the SN, but my old SN was " Jrugges. " New format helped a lot for mobile. Mostly people just need to post about football, ask opinions... etc. Social media has killed quite a bit of form activity. We prolly won't ever get the people here we had between 2006-2012 Great times during that stretch.

Still if people keep  discussing football and a few linger around to engage in the talk I'm sure participation  would grow. There was a point here in this form where we knew all the poster and the position they took on most stances so the discussion was stale being everyone could almost predict which posters would and wouldnt' like what they had to say.

I think it boils down to whether you like Stafford or not. I'm not a Stafford fan, never will be. I respect him, and he's played better since Calvin has retired, but I will never love the team with him as quarterback. The Stafford lovers have dominated the site for awhile now. I quit it last year and this the second time I've posted something in that time. And now I'm gone........

15 hours ago, #NOTMYQB said:

I think it boils down to whether you like Stafford or not. I'm not a Stafford fan, never will be. I respect him, and he's played better since Calvin has retired, but I will never love the team with him as quarterback. The Stafford lovers have dominated the site for awhile now. I quit it last year and this the second time I've posted something in that time. And now I'm gone........

okay. Bye. 

On 11/19/2017 at 5:09 AM, #NOTMYQB said:

giphy.gif

Lol I'm not a Stafford Lover or Hater. I just firmly believe he's a top 10 QB at this point.

Based on that post you sound upset you are wrong about him being a bad QB and can't take it. I mean I don't think he's the best at all, and he has flaws, but man, the guy is one of the better QB's in the entire league. It's really tough for me to name 10 qb's that can come in and make the Lions better.

Archived