#46 pick in 2022 NFL Draft- Josh Paschal, DE

Superduperman

I think, if you think there were bigger needs for the Lions, you aren't paying attention.

LB and S may have been equally big needs,  but not more than an interior pass rusher and a player with flexibilty between 3-4 and 4-3 looks, which Paschal seems to have. The Lions had a non-existent pass rush last year and Hutchinson can't solve that all by himself. We also lost 2 veteran defensive linemen this year and will lose another one next year.

Pass rush and pressure up front are the cornerstone. Without it, your back-seven players will be at a huge disadvantage. With it, those same players will look so much better.  I want a linebacker upgrade really bad too, don't get me wrong, but you could see another DL coming if you stopped to think about it for a second.

Edited by Superduperman
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Superduperman said:

I think, if you think there were bigger needs for the Lions, you aren't paying attention.

LB and S may have been equally big needs,  but not more than an interior pass rusher and a player with flexibilty between 3-4 and 4-3 looks, which Paschal seems to have. The Lions had a non-existent pass rush last year and Hutchinson can't solve that all by himself. We also lost 2 veteran defensive linemen this year and will lose another one next year.

Pass rush and pressure up front are the cornerstone. Without it, your back-seven players will be at a huge disadvantage. With it, those same players will look so much better.  I want a linebacker upgrade really bad too, don't get me wrong, but you could see another DL coming if you stopped to think about it for a second.

I think it was a need.  I just think it was a premium resource to spend on a rotational player.  Combine that with the Levi pick last year I just hope we are using our resources to maximize our roster build.

On to the player.  I like him.  I had him ranked closer to the end of the 2nd beginning of the 3rd and obviously I had players I really like available.  He was sort of a meh pick to me.

Also all offseason I've heard everyone say what a Dan Campbell guy he was I guess I should have expected it.  I've heard DJ and Brooks talk about him alot.  They've raved about him.  So if Him, Hutch, Alim, Levi, and the rest mean we finally have a dominate D-line cool.

Just now, Millenhater said:

On to the player.  I like him.  I had him ranked closer to the end of the 2nd beginning of the 3rd and obviously I had players I really like available.  He was sort of a meh pick to me.

I had him graded as a fourth rd talent. His skillset needs work. For an EDGE player, he cannot play wide at all. He cannot cover well in space. But his burst inside and close to the middle is exceptional. I think he'll make a very nice rotational DL. But we passed on better players to grab him early. Much like Onwuzurike last season. Holmes one area of concern seems to be falling in love with his DL in round two no matter who else is available. 

1 minute ago, Louis Friend said:

I had him graded as a fourth rd talent. His skillset needs work. For an EDGE player, he cannot play wide at all. He cannot cover well in space. But his burst inside and close to the middle is exceptional. I think he'll make a very nice rotational DL. But we passed on better players to grab him early. Much like Onwuzurike last season. Holmes one area of concern seems to be falling in love with his DL in round two no matter who else is available. 

It is good and he seems pretty good at splitting the double.  

I think you're right about Holmes.  Hopefully this all pays off and we have a dominate D-line.  I just don't feel like we have world beater right now.  Hopefully Hutch is that guy because that is definitely what we need to help unlock the others.

3 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

It is good and he seems pretty good at splitting the double.  

I think you're right about Holmes.  Hopefully this all pays off and we have a dominate D-line.  I just don't feel like we have world beater right now.  Hopefully Hutch is that guy because that is definitely what we need to help unlock the others.

Great point. Having that dominate number 1 guy really helps everyone else fall into their natural roles.