GDT: Broncos vs Patriots

germ-x

Let's face it, we're huge dogs, even at home.    Still, HFA is always a great equalizer, and we actually do match up well with NE (whereas PHI was an awful, awful matchup). 

Keys to the game:

1.  Their OL vs. our pass rush - Marcus Cannon is out.  Their OL, who was top 10 last year, has dropped off.   Von, Ray & Shaq have to get pressure early, we know that's the one effective way to neutralize the GOAT.

2.   Our RB/TE pass defense - BB & Brady are very aware of #1, and with Edelman/Hogan out, they also know we should be able to contain their WR corps (I'd avoid putting Talib on Cooks, though).    So that means a lot of Gronk, and James White/Rex Burkhead as pass-catching backs.  We HAVE to be better in TE/RB pass coverage, Brady will pepper us with short passes and then hit a few chunk plays with Gronk if we aren't better.

3.   Get the ball to DT & Sanders - the Pats secondary is their big weakness at this stage.   We at least saw that DT got more volume, if Sanders' ankle is better, then we have 2 legit weapons again.

4.  Get Booker & CJ going - CJ as our running bellcow, Booker as our pass threat.   Honestly, any carries to JC just take away their gameflow.  

5.  Limit TO's, get 1-2 - I have my doubts we can do it, but we've got to stop turning it over...and need a short field or two to help our miserable O.

6.  Better ST play - usually the only time underdogs win is when their ST helps even the gap - that's why being the 32nd out 32 teams really hurts.   No excuses, be better.

Sadly, even if we do all the above - that would probably make it a toss-up game.   Any of the above goes wrong, and we're 10+ pt dogs.   Hoping we at least show up, hate to see a team give up this early in the season (don't blame the D at all for last week, but as a team not showing up ready to play on a primetime game, well, that would be really ugly).

Pats should win.  But Mile High is built on an old indian graveyard.  It emits the same sentient evil that the hotel in Stephen King's 'The Shining' also has.  That hotel, I believe, is only just up the road in Colorado Springs.  Coincidence?  I don't think so.

24-21 to the Broncos.

Mile high has always been a house of horrors for Tom Brady. This is gonna be one of those games where you look at Brady's 54% completion rate and think "how the hell did New England manage to score so many points?"  And the answer will be horrible field position all game long and what I'm gonna guess is 2-3 really bad turnovers. That's just the realist in me speaking.

New England - 31

Denver - 13

Is,it weird that as a fan I am routing for my team to lose? I just know our qb situation or offensive production is enough to compete this year so I want to lose to get a better draft pick. Because I have faith in Elway with that top 10 pick. I want one preferably top 5.

Elway I think is good at evaluating  elite talent. Even in 2016 Carson Wentz was number 1 on Elways draft board.  He didnt say Goff from all the reports.  I just think developmental qbs he struggles with.

I feel a close win for Denver 28 to 21. The defense will look great and get the game winning td. Showing us fans what could of been.

Archived