GDT: Broncos vs Patriots

germ-x

3 hours ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Kirk Cousins?

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Good call. Love Kirk. But I have to believe if he's a true "franchise" QB, Gruden will not let him leave

Oh I think Gruden would love to keep him but I think Cousins has tired of that 3 ring circus continually franchising him.  He's gotten big bucks but no security = what if he got hurt two years ago?  Thing is if I was Cousins and could go to the NYG that is where I would go - just to stick it to the Skins.  And I don't think I would want Eli either if he becomes expendable.

2 hours ago, AnAngryAmerican said:

Yeah there are two teams that have flat out quit on the 2017 season, the Broncos and Giants. As you say, even the Browns and 49ers, two teams who don't have half the amount of raw talent of the aforementioned two, are at least playing hard. 

kind of odd...two of the better organizations in the league too who just quit.  But, I can see why the Broncos are folding...they haven't had a top tier pick since Von.  If they were to actually try...they would wind up with a pick between 15-20...which let's face it, it is a crap shoot to make that pick.  

I do hope they hire some good scouts this year...didn't they hire a new scout?  

Sounds like Goofy wants to keep Olivo on board because he learned from a good coach. Gag me. What a total joke. Also, Vance's garbage cliches are starting to rub me the wrong way. All of this harping about "doing things the right way" blah blah blah- where are the results? If you can't criticize your ST coach after what has been an atrocity of a season, who can you criticize? 

Someone let me know one good thing Vance Joseph has done in 9 weeks. 

BTW, to answer the Q's earlier this GDT on why Lynch isn't being considered for Week 11....sounds like Lynch's not there yet physically.   Which while it sucks, is understandable, too.  Can't even get an extended look yet to see if there's been any progress...man, it's going to be awful hard to commit to him for 2018 if we don't see real progress (as the answer so far has been that he's miles away, nowhere even close).

15 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Sounds like Goofy wants to keep Olivo on board because he learned from a good coach. Gag me. What a total joke. Also, Vance's garbage cliches are starting to rub me the wrong way. All of this harping about "doing things the right way" blah blah blah- where are the results? If you can't criticize your ST coach after what has been an atrocity of a season, who can you criticize? 

Someone let me know one good thing Vance Joseph has done in 9 weeks. 

I think keeping Olivio's a bad idea and Vance is missing a great opportunity to start an "accountability" regimen.

It's not like our ST's have been awesome until yesterday. They've been pretty bad.

Anyway, firing Olivio would be an "enough is enough" statement. Bench Mckenzie or send him to the PS would be another. IMO it's time to hold everyone, players and coached alike accountable. We have more than one problem on this team. Time to start cutting ties.

So they didn't want to bench McKenzie because that's "his job".

I would love for my boss to be Vance Joseph. I'd show up late, drink in the office, get absolutely nothing done and keep the pay checks rolling in. After all, it's "my job". Not sure how Vance keeps his past 2017. 

I so badly want this Vance Joseph hire to work out and we don't have to hire another coach for a long time. Us having to fire Vance Joesph after one season means that Elway would have recently screwed up the two extremely important decisions for a GM: Picking a head coach and a QB. People get fired for mistakes like that.

Just watched Joseph's post game presser and I don't think I have ever seen a HC more out of his depth. I didn't like the hire but I wanted him to succeed. The longer he says in charge the deeper the hole he will dig for the team.

just as an aside - talking about Cutler as QB - bad as he was, a younger Cutler would be a major upgrade on what we currently have.

3 minutes ago, jolly red giant said:

Just watched Joseph's post game presser and I don't think I have ever seen a HC more out of his depth. I didn't like the hire but I wanted him to succeed. The longer he says in charge the deeper the hole he will dig for the team.

just as an aside - talking about Cutler as QB - bad as he was, a younger Cutler would be a major upgrade on what we currently have.

The move was pigeoned holed from the moment Kubiak stepped down. And for elway thinking hes the smartest guy in the room by doing that,is messed up.

6 hours ago, thebestever6 said:

The move was pigeoned holed from the moment Kubiak stepped down. And for elway thinking hes the smartest guy in the room by doing that,is messed up.

This is becoming Elway's signature - thinking he is the smartest guy in the room - and then messing up. He has done it with the draft - he has done it with FA (offering Osweiler way too much and having the Texans clean up the mess, not tendering CJ and having to pay $millions extra, wasting $15million on two donkeys at RT) - and he has now shown that he can do the same with his picks for the coaching staff.

I said when Joseph was hired that Elway's future could be directly linked to the success or failure of Joseph - and if he doesn't get rid of Joseph by the end of the season at the latest, then that could happen. A repeat of the McDisaster reign next year could see Ellis clean house across the board.

6 hours ago, jolly red giant said:

This is becoming Elway's signature - thinking he is the smartest guy in the room - and then messing up. He has done it with the draft - he has done it with FA (offering Osweiler way too much and having the Texans clean up the mess, not tendering CJ and having to pay $millions extra, wasting $15million on two donkeys at RT) - and he has now shown that he can do the same with his picks for the coaching staff.

I said when Joseph was hired that Elway's future could be directly linked to the success or failure of Joseph - and if he doesn't get rid of Joseph by the end of the season at the latest, then that could happen. A repeat of the McDisaster reign next year could see Ellis clean house across the board.

I think we were the only team to even interview VJ for a coaching position. His resume hasn't looked good in a couple of years. I just dont get the hire. 

And a coach who dictates responsibility you'd figure would be able to key in on the little details with every unit. But he simply isn't. 

15 hours ago, BroncoSojia said:

I so badly want this Vance Joseph hire to work out and we don't have to hire another coach for a long time. Us having to fire Vance Joesph after one season means that Elway would have recently screwed up the two extremely important decisions for a GM: Picking a head coach and a QB. People get fired for mistakes like that.

I so badly want us to have the RIGHT hire. If Vance Joseph isn't it, then he should be canned. There's nothing worse than keeping a guy around because of some self-manufactured timeline. If he can't cut it, he can't cut it. Again, I have not heard any level of support from anywhere but Elway for this guy. Players don't go to bat for him, the media certainly doesn't, and now the fans aren't. That's not a good situation.

Elway may have whiffed on the hire, that's fine, but enough is enough. Go out and get a real HC, not Matt Russell's frat buddy, and let's make something happen.

55 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Elway may have whiffed on the hire, that's fine, but enough is enough. Go out and get a real HC, not Matt Russell's frat buddy, and let's make something happen.

Russell should be out the door with Joseph.

Elway needs to own the mistakes he has made - across the board - and a clean out to get rid of Russell and Joseph, Lynch and Osweiler, Stephenson and Watson, Olivo and MacKenzie - would be a start.

The shame is that Shanahan is ensconced in SF for the next few years - although Toub is still an option (and it is noteworthy that Toub didn't get a gig anywhere else). The concern is that ALL of the rookie head coaches have shown far more than Joseph - which means not only did Elway pick the wrong guy, he picked the guy at the bottom of the barrel.

1 hour ago, broncos67 said:

I so badly want us to have the RIGHT hire. If Vance Joseph isn't it, then he should be canned. There's nothing worse than keeping a guy around because of some self-manufactured timeline. If he can't cut it, he can't cut it. Again, I have not heard any level of support from anywhere but Elway for this guy. Players don't go to bat for him, the media certainly doesn't, and now the fans aren't. That's not a good situation.

that's not true, tbh. Von went to bat for him 100% last week. 

Archived