GDT: Broncos vs Patriots

germ-x

The biggest difference with us as a D besides our horrific ILB play than in 2015 - we can't get inside pressure.  Von & Ray & Barrett can get edge pressure, but NE can negate that with extra help - and Brady can step up in the pocket.   In 2015, with Malik/Wolfe, we didn't let him do that (and we could get pressure each time Brady dropped back with only 4 guys, which allowed us to bracket Gronk and Edelman - and yes, the ILB's were better at covering the RB's).

Again, anyone thinking we're close to a complete team isn't paying close attention - we have pieces, but we need ILB upgrades to improve our RB/TE coverage, and we need inside pressure D-lineman on D.   On O, of course it starts with QB - but more OL help, and 3rd WR would help a ton. 

It's true a great QB can mask a lot of weaknesses - but we've got far more than ppl want to admit.  But, it's kind of impossible not to notice - the game film speaks for itself.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

The biggest difference with us as a D besides our horrific ILB play than in 2015 - we can't get inside pressure.  Von & Ray & Barrett can get edge pressure, but NE can negate that with extra help - and Brady can step up in the pocket.   Again, anyone thinking we're close to a complete team isn't paying close attention - we have pieces, but we need ILB upgrades to improve our RB/TE coverage, and we need inside pressure D-lineman on D.   On O, of course it starts with QB - but more OL help, and 3rd WR would help a ton. 

It's true a great QB can mask a lot of weaknesses - but we've got far more than ppl want to admit.  But, it's kind of impossible not to notice - the game film speaks for itself.

I personally think the edge rush for more than a few games now has been downright terrible as well.  Miller is getting chipped a lot, but looks disinterested IMO.  Ray I thought would help take some pressure off of Miller, but he hasn't won a 1 vs 1 matchup since returning.

To me the biggest issue with Denver is they start terribly.  Like literally since the Charger game the turn the ball over or go 3 and out and then turn the ball over to start the game.  These TOs happen in their own territory as well and Denver starts in a hole weekly.

2 minutes ago, germ-x said:

I personally think the edge rush for more than a few games now has been downright terrible as well.  Miller is getting chipped a lot, but looks disinterested IMO.  Ray I thought would help take some pressure off of Miller, but he hasn't won a 1 vs 1 matchup since returning.

That's a fair take - the thing is with Von, he's getting double and triple teamed.  If we had ANY support for him, we'd see that stop, but teams know they can just take him out no matter what it takes, no one else is stepping up.   Gotsis has been OK at run coverage, but that's all he brings right now.  Shelby Miller was great early on..but he's faded.  Peko is a pure run stuffer (NT isn't really the pressure role for us).  And yeah, Ray has been very rusty.  Barrett was actually really good vs. KC - but not last week, nor this week.   It's a gong show right now.

1 minute ago, AKRNA said:

That was quite a statement drive. This team may have some fight left.

I think they're done.  But I will say this, people can knock Joseph and as the team continues to lose its deservedly so, but outside of last week this team has fought 4 quarters.

Archived