GDT: Broncos vs Patriots

germ-x

21 minutes ago, 1234567 said:

I think we're getting dangerously close to that point where the coaches are losing/have lost the team. 

We'll find out soon enough. We're basically playing for pride now, lets see how they respond.

5 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

We'll find out soon enough. We're basically playing for pride now, lets see how they respond.

I could care less if they win another game. But I want to see a more competitive effort then we've got the last 2 weeks.

This isn't 2010 I'm not seeing a lack of effort out there. This team has some talent but the effort isn't there. And thats on the coaching. 

Just got back from the game, that was pitiful. Beyond the obvious (special teams was a disaster, defense cant get any pressure, no one on offense is worth anything besides Sanders) this team is in real trouble. We are approaching a serious crossroads, it's been quite a while since we've faced adversity like this, and I'm not just talking about this season, I think we all pretty much expect that this season is done from a playoffs/contending standpoint, but rather contending in the near future. Right now we are a team that has plenty of talent in the prime of their careers, some of which are getting pretty big paydays over the next couple of years. The big question is, after this season what do we do? Do we try to make a splash trade/signing for a QB and hope to ride out the rest of our fading talent window? Or do we blow it up? I Cant imagine players like Chris Harris and Derek Wolfe will be happy having taken home town discounts to play on a competitive team if the plan is to rebuild for the next few seasons.

I think any way you slice it we are in a sticky situation going forward. You have a team flush with talent that is not playing up to standards, that would seem to be a coaching issue, but you cant really fire anyone after one year. We have no real QB and seemingly no great options around the corner (trade for luck anyone?) This team just seems to have very little life or direction at the moment, and quite frankly I'm finding it hard to think of a realistic scenario where we are not rebuilding for the foreseeable future. Someone please tell me I'm wrong, but Elway really blew it with the QB draft selections. There are other flaws with this team (brock and the offense even looked ok tonight) but the transition away from manning has not be good to say the least, and like it or not that falls at Elways feet. I hope the team responds the rest of this season, shows us they haven't given up, and there's still hope for this team, but currently that optimism and direction is hard to find.

45 minutes ago, SenorClean2k0 said:

Just got back from the game, that was pitiful. Beyond the obvious (special teams was a disaster, defense cant get any pressure, no one on offense is worth anything besides Sanders) this team is in real trouble. We are approaching a serious crossroads, it's been quite a while since we've faced adversity like this, and I'm not just talking about this season, I think we all pretty much expect that this season is done from a playoffs/contending standpoint, but rather contending in the near future. Right now we are a team that has plenty of talent in the prime of their careers, some of which are getting pretty big paydays over the next couple of years. The big question is, after this season what do we do? Do we try to make a splash trade/signing for a QB and hope to ride out the rest of our fading talent window? Or do we blow it up? I Cant imagine players like Chris Harris and Derek Wolfe will be happy having taken home town discounts to play on a competitive team if the plan is to rebuild for the next few seasons.

I think any way you slice it we are in a sticky situation going forward. You have a team flush with talent that is not playing up to standards, that would seem to be a coaching issue, but you cant really fire anyone after one year. We have no real QB and seemingly no great options around the corner (trade for luck anyone?) This team just seems to have very little life or direction at the moment, and quite frankly I'm finding it hard to think of a realistic scenario where we are not rebuilding for the foreseeable future. Someone please tell me I'm wrong, but Elway really blew it with the QB draft selections. There are other flaws with this team (brock and the offense even looked ok tonight) but the transition away from manning has not be good to say the least, and like it or not that falls at Elways feet. I hope the team responds the rest of this season, shows us they haven't given up, and there's still hope for this team, but currently that optimism and direction is hard to find.

We still have talent, but the Manning/Ware level of locker room leadership seems lacking. Seriously, does anyone really know who our team leaders are?

Another stellar performance! This week, we'll hear Vance talk about how "we need better coaching," "we need to ask ourselves what kind of team we want to be," and that "he takes responsibility."

Time for a full reset. It's the best possible thing for this team. Especially if they pick Top 5. Get a new coach in here, work with him and figure out the QB situation and go from there. Rome isn't built in a day, but a few good drafts can really change things quickly.

The defense decided to be useless today. ST is a joke. Most of the players have given up from the sounds of their interviews. Gonna be a boring rest of season. Currently we're the 6th pick.

I would love to can Vance after this season. I know it won't happen and you are supposed to give guys time but sometimes you just see it from the get go and shouldn't waste the time. Elway will make a trade for a QB instead of drafting one of the top prospects and that QB will help keep us mediocre but won't win big. This is going to be a long road. 

I somehow had a feeling it would be a no brainer to change the channel and watch The Walking Dead and after ten minutes into the game our clowns made that an easy choice.  I tuned back after TWD and seriously though, the holes we are displaying everywhere, not just on offence will make it difficult for us to draw any talent our way (Cousins).  This is bad, real bad!! 

46 minutes ago, Counselor said:

I would love to can Vance after this season. I know it won't happen and you are supposed to give guys time but sometimes you just see it from the get go and shouldn't waste the time. Elway will make a trade for a QB instead of drafting one of the top prospects and that QB will help keep us mediocre but won't win big. This is going to be a long road. 

Vance will survive the season (unless he gets so bad that he can't stay on the team), but he probably won't survive the whole season next year.

I applaud y'all for watching this game. I am not going to lie, I have checked out two/three weeks ago.

I was all for Toub to be our HC but when Elway went with VJ, I was 100% behind it thinking he was the right hire. Clearly, I am wrong and certainly Elway screwed this off-season hard. IMO, there is no way we go into next season with the same coaching staff/schemes. I am fine with a big shake up even if it takes longer than we all anticipated.

Oh, and thank you Tim Connelly for killing it these past offseason for us, Nugget fans!

I am kind of enjoying not having any expectations for the Broncos this year, because it is making watching the other games a lot more enjoyable.  

I cannot wait till the off season to see what direction the Broncos go?  Obviously having a rookie coaching staff has been detrimental to the team.  If they are going to go that direction, I would seriously clean house by trading Von and DT and Sanders so that the Broncos can just pick up a ton of draft picks where the team and the coaches can develop together.  I can only imagine that the veterans on the Broncos aren't in line with following the coaching in place.  

If they Broncos want to contend next year, they will have to get rid of the current coaching staff and spend a little bit of money.  

I am not sure which option I would choose.  I think the Broncos are the worst team in the NFL right now...the Giants may have a case.  At least teams like the 49ers and the Browns seem to play hard.  The Broncos aren't even doing that.  

Archived