GDT: Broncos vs Patriots

germ-x

I stand corrected there isn't a golden sombrero (0 for 4) - there's actually a 5th cardinal sin on ST - too many men, gives ball back. 

The only thing we haven't done is give up  punt return TD for literally the can't-do mistakes (muffed punt, KR TD, blocked punt, now offsides/too-many-men to give O a 1st down).   Unbelievable.

27 minutes ago, broncos67 said:

Lol so nice of the defense to show up. So it goes. The problems run deep. 

QFT.   I have no idea how people still don't see the holes we have all over our roster.

Yes, bad coaching on ST.  Yes, bad long-term QB situation, awful even. 

But our OL is paper-thin, our interior D cannot generate any rush and prevent teams from double-triple teaming Von, and our ILB's can't cover a RB or TE..and we're still a team that relies only on DT/Sanders in the pass game.

The thing about today is that our QB didn't hurt us today - Oz might have left 4-8 points on the field by being too conservative in the RZ - but that's it.   We didn't lose today because we lack a QB tonight.  We just weren't very good in ALL facets of the game tonight. 

As an exclamation point - another RB pass catching TD.   

People, wake up and smell the coffee.

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Temper expectations. The Pats defense is mediocre at best. No pass rush and struggle in coverage.

There weren't any expectations in that post.  What exactly are you talking about?  Typical gibberish?

41 minutes ago, AKRNA said:

So where's our defense this week? So far the best of the three units has been the offense and it's not close. ST's suck and our D has allowed scores on all but the Pats opening possession.

I disagree...at home, our offense is ~100 yards of offense under NE’s average allowed...kinda pathetic IMO.

19 minutes ago, The Helicopter said:

I disagree...at home, our offense is ~100 yards of offense under NE’s average allowed...kinda pathetic IMO.

Okay............

Our offense is supposed to suck though. Not our defense. Speaking averages, our D gave up about 120 yards above their average. The Pats had 28 first downs! That's a lot. Our D couldn't stop them, plain and simple.

We needed three and outs after our scores. Never happened. Our D allowed scoring drives after every possession our offense scored. Ya, can't win that way.

Archived