GDT: Broncos vs Patriots

germ-x

I have never been a proponent of firing a coach after a single season, never. Its almost always the wrong move. That being said, Vance needs to go. Keeping him for another year is just pushing off the inevitable. He brings NOTHING as a HC. Zero.

I have begun to refer to him as Ghost Coach because he just isn't there.

So lets look at what this team needs to contend.

1)Competent coaching.

2) franchise qb.

3) A dany trev type linebacker.

4) a malik jackson type interior presence could be walker if he bulks up.

5) a good rt

6) A solid left guard.

That's doable in one off season it really is. But I don't see it happening. What the Broncos are now is cincerning. And they're needs are a year too early. Do we really want Vance Joseph, mike mccoy, john Elway.  All picking the next franchise qb? Whatever qb we get is gonna be a year in the hole with A lame duck coaching staff.

1 hour ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I am kind of enjoying not having any expectations for the Broncos this year, because it is making watching the other games a lot more enjoyable.  

I cannot wait till the off season to see what direction the Broncos go?  Obviously having a rookie coaching staff has been detrimental to the team.  If they are going to go that direction, I would seriously clean house by trading Von and DT and Sanders so that the Broncos can just pick up a ton of draft picks where the team and the coaches can develop together.  I can only imagine that the veterans on the Broncos aren't in line with following the coaching in place.  

If they Broncos want to contend next year, they will have to get rid of the current coaching staff and spend a little bit of money.  

I am not sure which option I would choose.  I think the Broncos are the worst team in the NFL right now...the Giants may have a case.  At least teams like the 49ers and the Browns seem to play hard.  The Broncos aren't even doing that.  

I wonder what kind of trade value Von and DT even have right now, making $20m & $12m/year respectively, under contract for 3+ years each. 

Although Gotsis has shown to be a halfway decent run defender, he still offers very little in the pass rush part of his game. His skillset can still prove to be valuable, I suppose, but this team sorely needs another big man in the middle who can push around interior lineman. Our team was most effective when Malik Jackson was terrorizing the interior. We need to find someone like that again.

11 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

1)Competent coaching.

2) franchise qb.

5) a good rt

6) A solid left guard.

That's doable in one off season it really is. But I don't see it happening. What the Broncos are now is cincerning. And they're needs are a year too early. Do we really want Vance Joseph, mike mccoy, john Elway.  All picking the next franchise qb? Whatever qb we get is gonna be a year in the hole with A lame duck coaching staff.

The Broncos haven't had a true "franchise QB" since John Elway. The brief stint of Manning doesn't qualify. That certainly is doable in one offseason if they strike gold in the draft, but not that easy.

This rookie QB class is pretty week. A lot of 2nd/3rd round types that will be elevated to round 1. And there isn't a 'franchise' QB in FA nor to make a trade for. Best option would be who? Eli Manning? 

14 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

I wonder what kind of trade value Von and DT even have right now, making $20m & $12m/year respectively, under contract for 3+ years each. 

Von is a true franchise player. He'd be a high ticket piece for a franchise wanting to make a statement with pass rush help.

Hypothetical, 2 first round picks... would Denver fans take it for Von? 

DT... isn't worth that price tag. Denver would likely have to unload the rights and contract for cheap.

11 minutes ago, bMiller031 said:

Very little to most teams I would think. Von has the ability to take over a game but who knows what it takes to bring that out.

Realistically, they'll both be here through at least next year (35 million dead cap between them) and Von for at least two seasons.

21 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The Broncos haven't had a true "franchise QB" since John Elway. The brief stint of Manning doesn't qualify. That certainly is doable in one offseason if they strike gold in the draft, but not that easy.

This rookie QB class is pretty week. A lot of 2nd/3rd round types that will be elevated to round 1. And there isn't a 'franchise' QB in FA nor to make a trade for. Best option would be who? Eli Manning? 

Kirk Cousins?

33 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa!  I beg to differ.  Jake Plummer was a franchise QB. 

1 minute ago, jsthomp2007 said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa!  I beg to differ.  Jake Plummer was a franchise QB. 

Plummer was an overrated, turnover prone stop gap. The way some bronco fans hold him up as some sort of great player in our history never ceases to irritate me.

1)Competent coaching.

2) franchise qb.

5) a good rt

6) A solid left guard.

That's doable in one off season it really is

Its doable if we have the best offseason in the history of Colorado sports. The idea that we could fill all those spots in a single offseason is very, very unlikey.

We would need a Oakland Raiders 2014 type draft followed by a Denver Broncos 2014 type Free Agency coup.

Its not going to happen.

Archived