Pick 3 - #83 overall - LB Nakobe Dean

Kiltman

3 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

How dos that work? 

I actually see they ended it and re-retired them all

But they had a patch for the previously retired player, could do this with player’s initials somewhere.

hi-res-2fd18562b763010f761490d52604820f_

I think what you probably do when it gets to be too much is just unretire them put them up in the rafters to remember those special players above the ring of honor. Maybe hold some of them back from free use, and never give out a couple of like all time greats that defined the franchise for a long time. People that defined what being an Eagle meant, of which I’d say there were only two in Chuck & Dawk. 

Should you give Reggie’s number to some scrub 3rd year player who will be cut? Maybe not. But if an early pick or good vet wants to use it go ahead. Same with most of them.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

At some point I’d like the like Michigan way they did it well here they denote the legacy player but keep the number in use.

I actually think this is a great idea. I've always thought retiring numbers is the dumbest tradition done in sports.

12 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I actually see they ended it and re-retired them all

But they had a patch for the previously retired player, could do this with player’s initials somewhere.

hi-res-2fd18562b763010f761490d52604820f_

I think what you probably do when it gets to be too much is just unretire them put them up in the rafters to remember those special players above the ring of honor. Maybe hold some of them back from free use, and never give out a couple of like all time greats that defined the franchise for a long time. People that defined what being an Eagle meant, of which I’d say there were only two in Chuck & Dawk. 

Should you give Reggie’s number to some scrub 3rd year player who will be cut? Maybe not. But if an early pick or good vet wants to use it go ahead. Same with most of them.

Agreed, I thought at the moment they should be able to give 99 to Davis. The Eagles seem to show how much they valued a player based on to whom they give their number to, like no. 10 is given to whatever camp body, mid round player we get and from the moment DeSean left the team. Compared to no. 25 that has not been given still, despite the fact they joined the team around the same time and played very similar number of seasons. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Agreed, I thought at the moment they should be able to give 99 to Davis. The Eagles seem to show how much they valued a player based on to whom they give their number to, like no. 10 is given to whatever camp body, mid round player we get and from the moment DeSean left the team. Compared to no. 25 that has not been given still, despite the fact they joined the team around the same time and played very similar number of seasons. 

yeah it almost seems random

One of the weirder ones was Malcolm too, like dude was huge in the city and spearheaded us to win our first Super Bowl. Was just kinda disrespectful, especially with what they do for other guys, to just hand it out the next year. Especially when you know they’ll retire like Kelce, maybe Cox or BG or at the very least shelf them for a long time.

2 hours ago, Broadway Joe said:

Didn't know we had 87 phantom retired. 

For a franchise with a not so good (to put it kindly) winning history we sure have a lot of retired numbers. 

We sorta retire Celek, but not Westbrook????????? Wha

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

We sorta retire Celek, but not Westbrook????????? Wha

It could be partially that there are less guys that would want 87 or that Celek has been working with the team. Also like a 7/8 year difference in when they were last used.