With the 47th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Commanders select Phidarian Mathis, DT, Alabama

MikeT14

8 minutes ago, DCNative said:

I guarantee trading for Wentz doesn't make us a instant playoff contender. That's how much faith I have in Wentz at this point, but am I hoping he proves me wrong sure. But I wouldn't bet on Wentz. 

Kevin James Yes GIF by TV Land

We were a playoff contender with worse QB play last year with Taylor Heinicke. You replace Heinicke w/ Wentz & his 27 TDs & only 7 ints and I think our passing game is better. You put Samuel & Dotson on our offense as our 2nd & 3rd receiving options instead of our WRs last year and I think our passing game is better. 

The move at worse keeps us in the playoff contender mix as we were last year. At best we win the division & get double digit wins for the first time since 2012 but that’s going to need the defense & offense playing up to their potentials and some luck for once like we got the last 4 times we won the division/made the playoffs.

20 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Kevin James Yes GIF by TV Land

We were a playoff contender with worse QB play last year with Taylor Heinicke. You replace Heinicke w/ Wentz & his 27 TDs & only 7 ints and I think our passing game is better. You put Samuel & Dotson on our offense as our 2nd & 3rd receiving options instead of our WRs last year and I think our passing game is better. 

The move at worse keeps us in the playoff contender mix as we were last year. At best we win the division & get double digit wins for the first time since 2012 but that’s going to need the defense & offense playing up to their potentials and some luck for once like we got the last 4 times we won the division/made the playoffs.

7 wins got us to the playoff Turtle, I wouldn't brag about that. 

Just now, DCNative said:

7 wins got us to the playoff Turtle, I wouldn't brag about that. 

I wasn’t talking about that. I clearly was saying sometimes you need some luck to get there and maybe we’ll get some this year plus, I do believe our team is better talent wise than it’s been the last five years. 

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I wasn’t talking about that. I clearly was saying sometimes you need some luck to get there and maybe we’ll get some this year plus, I do believe our team is better talent wise than it’s been the last five years. 

Keep hope alive 😄😄😄😄

I’ll say this: he plays extremely high for my taste, it would be impressive to see what he could do if his first move was to go forward instead of to stand up, but…this (not so) young man is kind of a tank.

He was a remarkably impactful player for them, with great hand fighting and a relentlessness to him. It’s actually quite shocking how often he looks to be in a bad position and finds a way to shed a block or run around a guy and sort stumble onto the ball-carrier. I don’t know that he’ll be able to hand-fight and out-motor guys in the NFL, but with some work on playing lower, there’s some innate “playmaker” in him.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2022 at 2:26 PM, e16bball said:

I’ll say this: he plays extremely high for my taste, it would be impressive to see what he could do if his first move was to go forward instead of to stand up, but…this (not so) young man is kind of a tank.

He was a remarkably impactful player for them, with great hand fighting and a relentlessness to him. It’s actually quite shocking how often he looks to be in a bad position and finds a way to shed a block or run around a guy and sort stumble onto the ball-carrier. I don’t know that he’ll be able to hand-fight and out-motor guys in the NFL, but with some work on playing lower, there’s some innate “playmaker” in him.

Thankfully we have a great DL coach… oh wait.. . Damn! 😩 

• 2 weeks later...