Round 3 Pick 92; Sean Rhyan OL, UCLA

Packerraymond

11 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yup, the draft guide you pay for does not list him as that. Even lists a con as "much older than a normal true junior, will turn 24 in his rookie season."

Dane Brugler also has the exact same DOB in "The Beast."

Guess we'll wait for the Packers to list his age on their roster? I'd much rather he be 21 obviously.

EDIT: Packers roster lists him as 23. Damn.

Packers.com article says otherwise

https://www.packers.com/news/sean-rhyan-gives-packers-young-but-experienced-prospect-up-front

Edited by Chili

16 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yup, the draft guide you pay for does not list him as that. Even lists a con as "much older than a normal true junior, will turn 24 in his rookie season."

Dane Brugler also has the exact same DOB in "The Beast."

Guess we'll wait for the Packers to list his age on their roster? I'd much rather he be 21 obviously.

EDIT: Packers roster lists him as 23. Damn.

Interesting.  If that's the case, where did he miss 2 years?  Because he was only in college for 3 years.

1 minute ago, Chili said:

I did a bit of digging. He's in the class of 2019 at his high school which suggests he was 18 in 2019. 3 years later puts him at 21.

We already knew that, our roster lists him as 23, they probably know his DOB. He must've lost a year of school. He was a bit of a prodigy as a youth rugby player, perhaps he was on a traveling team or something and lost a year of schooling? Potential illness as a youth that had him held back. Who knows?

Just now, Packerraymond said:

We already knew that, our roster lists him as 23, they probably know his DOB. He must've lost a year of school. He was a bit of a prodigy as a youth rugby player, perhaps he was on a traveling team or something and lost a year of schooling? Potential illness as a youth that had him held back. Who knows?

I probably wouldn't just assume that he's listed correctly on the roster either.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You don't think NFL teams have correct DOB's in their reports? 

I'm pretty safe to assume they do.

The fact that the article has him listed at 21 and the website is listing him at 23.  I'd find it hard to believe that they're not the same person.

If you look at his instagram photos from 2019/19 he looks really young.

The fact he is in the class of 2019 and left college as a junior strongly hints to his age.

Combined with Gute's comment about his experience level despite his young age.

All of this makes me inclined to believe he's 21.

The Beast draft guide is just jam packed with information and that takes alot of work so it's not impossible for a small detail like that to be wrong.