Rd 3 Pick 99 David Bell, WR Purdue Discussion Thread

Bucketheadsdad

1 minute ago, big poppa pump said:

I've seen an Anquan Boldin comp.....I'm sold!!!!!  lol

Yeah, maybe not that physical, but I can see what they’re getting at lol.

I love athletes as much as anyone, but you can be pretty mediocre athletically and do well in the slot.  If they think he’s playing outside this is a bad, bad pick imo, but I doubt that’s the case.

11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

With physically limited guys they’re either flaming trash that coaches won’t put on the field or figure out how to overcome their limitations and maximize their intelligence.

Ceiling Higgins

Excellent post

Runs great routes, has great hands. Short-area quickness is more than enough, long speed is lacking.

He's already great with his hands, his body positioning, very smart and polished player. Produced against everyone (including the top teams).

I have zero problem with this pick. Especially in the late 3rd.

1 minute ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

This may be a peak comp but still...

I mean, the kid can play.  He’s athletically challenged, but he’s a crap athlete for high level college too, but he still dominated.

There’s a long line of dudes who’ve managed to succeed in the NFL in the slot without being athletic.  If you can run precise/nuanced routes, have great hands, understand body positioning, find holes in zones, and play with effort you can be successful.

He’s an absolutely awful pick imo if you’re trying to make him a number one type guy on the outside, but in the slot?  Kid’s gonna be a handful.  

Very similar to Jarvis imo, both good and bad.

Newsome said he was the best player he went against in college fwiw.