Kellen Diesch - OT - Az State

Elijah Hamilton - CB - Louisina Tech

Jordan Williams - DT - Virginia Tech

Tanner Conner - WR - Idaho St

Ben Stille - LB - Nebraska

Owen Carney - DE - Illinois

Edited by Emerica
  • Like 1

I really, really like the Tindall pick.  I've been screaming for a LB upgrade for awhile and Tindall was great value at 102.  I know nothing about the WR, as I honestly didn't pay attention to the position once Wilson was signed and then they traded for Tyreek.  Seems like a big body to compete with Williams for the WR4/5 spot.  I thought for certain that the pick was going to be Zach Tom.  That's who I would have preferred, but I'm not going to complain too hard about a 4th round pick.

12 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

why did we pick a QB

I guess we need one for the PS and we wanted one of our choice instead of trying to sign one. But I’m wondering why we picked the one we did, instead of someone like Kaleb Eleby.

14 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

why did we pick a QB

I'm in the camp of drafting a QB late every year.  7th rounders rarely pan out to anything, so may as well hope to hit on a backup QB (or starting QB, if Tua isn't the guy this year).  

2 hours ago, Tetsujin said:

I guess we need one for the PS and we wanted one of our choice instead of trying to sign one. But I’m wondering why we picked the one we did, instead of someone like Kaleb Eleby.

I think I read that McD liked the way he carried himself or some such, and liked the way he operated in the KSU offense.  It's a run-heavy offense, so a guy able to perform well in that type of offense would theoretically be a good backup QB to have.

1 hour ago, hrubes20 said:

I'm in the camp of drafting a QB late every year.  7th rounders rarely pan out to anything, so may as well hope to hit on a backup QB (or starting QB, if Tua isn't the guy this year). 

pretty sure 7th rounder non-QB pan out more than 7th round QBs lol

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

I went through all of the 7th round QBs drafted since 2000... only real notable name I see is Ryan Fitzpatrick. Most of them I don't think even made the team.

Oh, for sure.  Extremely small chance of hitting.  But what's the chance of hitting on another position?  5%? 10%?  May be slightly higher, but it is still an absolute longshot.  I wouldn't care if Miami traded their 6th and 7th rounders every year.   

2 minutes ago, hrubes20 said:

Oh, for sure.  Extremely small chance of hitting.  But what's the chance of hitting on another position?  5%? 10%?  May be slightly higher, but it is still an absolute longshot.  I wouldn't care if Miami traded their 6th and 7th rounders every year.   

Eh, i'd rather have taken a flier on an interior OL. Especially with having so few picks. Quality OL go undrafted virtually every year.

Quarterback does virtually nothing for us. Better to get a veteran as a backup, imo.

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

Eh, i'd rather have taken a flier on an interior OL. Especially with having so few picks. Quality OL go undrafted virtually every year.

I could absolutely get on board with that ideally.  But I honestly don't want this FO drafting OL anymore.  They are horrible at it.  Pick up OL through FA so the offense can function.  

Just now, hrubes20 said:

I could absolutely get on board with that ideally.  But I honestly don't want this FO drafting OL anymore.  They are horrible at it.  Pick up OL through FA so the offense can function.  

I'm hoping with Mike McDaniel & co. we'll be able to develop OL talent a little better.

23 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

pretty sure 7th rounder non-QB pan out more than 7th round QBs lol

Im of the BB philosophy, you ought to be drafting a QB every year (late rounds anyway). At least with using a 7th you get to choose which one you get. Skylar was an interesting choice, I would have rather they picked Carson Strong. Either way I am not going to get worked up over a 7th round pick. Likely won't develop but I believe most positions don't, outside punters and kickers who are just drafted late in general.