Who Impressed You This Week (Week 11 11/9/2017)

alfalcone

11 hours ago, jrry32 said:

It would be great if Lamar ends up with a coach who will let him be Lamar instead of trying to turn him into Tom Brady or Peyton Manning.

Yea but will Lamar succeed? Brady and Manning have shown they can. I agree you don't want to overhaul his whole game. But finding a way to turn him into an effective passer will extend his career.

Cam Newton is showing, you can't get by on running alone with shoddy passing talent.

3 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea but will Lamar succeed? Brady and Manning have shown they can. I agree you don't want to overhaul his whole game. But finding a way to turn him into an effective passer will extend his career.

Cam Newton is showing, you can't get by on running alone with shoddy passing talent.

Has he? Panthers have done well with Cam at QB.

7 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Has he? Panthers have done well with Cam at QB.

Panthers have done well when Cam has done well. And he has shown to be just as much of a problem as he is a solution to it with his play. He hasn't exactly been consistent. And alot of that has to do with him in the passing game. 

4 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

This guy is the most physically gifted QB right now besides Lamar. Wonder if BB might try to grab him up on day 2 or maybe 3. 

Fitzgerald was out played by Jalen Hurts in the 4th quarter by far, Hurts made all the plays in the passing game and he is barely even a NFL QB prospect one could argue. 

Fitzgerald has size and athletic ability but his passing is average at best.  Heck one could also argue Josh Allen is just as good of a athlete in terms of size and ability to run and is a much better passer with a way more talented throwing arm.  Oh and to say he is close to Lamar athletically, well let us say Lamar is a 10 in terms of QB athletic ability similar to Mike Vick, Fitzgerald is like what a 6 if that.  And to compare him to another one, only thing different between Fitzgerald and McSorley is height and weight, both are average passers at best and are at their best when running the ball.  If Fitzgerald was not that size it would be similar to the talk of McSorley currently, which is not a lot. 

By the way one could argue the best athlete at QB this year in college football is Khalil Tate, he is very close to Lamar Jackson if not right there with him.  Tate is insanely athletic, probably a position change guy at the next level though but he sure is fun to watch regardless.  Nuts what he has done the last six games.

Nick Fitzgerald needs to come back for another year I think to continue to develop and progress.  He has what two 200 yard passing games out of ten so far this year....

49 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Fitzgerald was out played by Jalen Hurts in the 4th quarter by far, Hurts made all the plays in the passing game and he is barely even a NFL QB prospect one could argue. 

Fitzgerald has size and athletic ability but his passing is average at best.  Heck one could also argue Josh Allen is just as good of a athlete in terms of size and ability to run and is a much better passer with a way more talented throwing arm.  Oh and to say he is close to Lamar athletically, well let us say Lamar is a 10 in terms of QB athletic ability similar to Mike Vick, Fitzgerald is like what a 6 if that.  And to compare him to another one, only thing different between Fitzgerald and McSorley is height and weight, both are average passers at best and are at their best when running the ball.  If Fitzgerald was not that size it would be similar to the talk of McSorley currently, which is not a lot. 

By the way one could argue the best athlete at QB this year in college football is Khalil Tate, he is very close to Lamar Jackson if not right there with him.  Tate is insanely athletic, probably a position change guy at the next level though but he sure is fun to watch regardless.  Nuts what he has done the last six games.

Nick Fitzgerald needs to come back for another year I think to continue to develop and progress.  He has what two 200 yard passing games out of ten so far this year....

So? Pro level QB's get outplayed on the college level. No biggie.

And I agree that he has a ways to go as a passer. I have brought that up in another thread.

As for athletically you are basically just bringing up elusiveness. I am talking about the size/speed ratio that he brings to the table. At 230 he could very well break the 4.5's at the combine.

Archived