Day 3 Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

Ragnarok

1 minute ago, goldfishwars said:

Raiders have taken some good players with what they have, Butler is good

He should have gone in the late 3rd to mid 4th imo. Intelligent pass rush approach with good hand usage. Active run stuffer who can anchor and finds the ball well. He's just a smart, polished player with solid physical talent. He's not the next Aaron Donald, but I think he'll be a solid player on the DL. Plus, he's versatile enough to rotate in at 5T, 3T, and 1T.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Matthew Butler is a great pick. Versatile DL who does the dirty work well.

2 minutes ago, goldfishwars said:

Raiders have taken some good players with what they have, Butler is good

Nice to see Butler get some praise. Does he offer much in the pass-rush department?

Our DT situation is crowded to say the least.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Nice to see Butler get some praise. Does he offer much in the pass-rush department?

Our DT situation is crowded to say the least.

He offers some pass rush ability. Uses his hands well and has a varied approach. Also has decent get off. But I would say he's more of a jack of all trades than a master pass rusher.

I like Parham and Butler a lot for where we were picking and needs. Farrell was fine, but I wanted Booker. Meh on the RB I feel like he's a Josh Jacobs replacement, and I like Josh. I would have preferred  Kyren Williams as a complement piece to replace Kenyan Drake. If Josh is gone after the year White is fine though. No real complaints from me. I'd like a LB like Malcolm Rodriguez or Devin Harper from Oklahoma State or gamble on Demone Clark's health at some point. I'd like Justyn Ross too as a height option for Carr. Not sure how many picks left we have with all the trade downs though. Much prefer this GM than Mayock so far.

6 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Add Malcolm Rodriguez and JoJo Domann too. 

With Clark now not available (Cowboys) I'd add Rodriguez as best LB. I couldn't take him over Clark unless Clark was a legit fail fail on medicals. I like Devin Harper from Oklahoma State as a OLB too, but probably as a UDFA. I'd like to see whoever takes Malcolm UDFA Harper as they are a great pair and good friends off the field.