Day 3 Draft Thread (No Spoilers)

Ragnarok

There aren't as many surprising UDFAs as I thought there would be. Maybe just a byproduct of not being a very good draft in my opinion. I get why a guy like Ross may not get picked. Honestly, can even agree with Cwood that it's not that surprising on Strong given the knee. 

Markquese Bell has speed and character issues. Kevin Austin had a nice combine but a pretty mediocre college career. Wydermyer can't catch and is athletically stunted. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

There aren't as many surprising UDFAs as I thought there would be. Maybe just a byproduct of not being a very good draft in my opinion. I get why a guy like Ross may not get picked. Honestly, can even agree with Cwood that it's not that surprising on Strong given the knee. 

Markquese Bell has speed and character issues. Kevin Austin had a nice combine but a pretty mediocre college career. Wydermyer can't catch and is athletically stunted. 

Yup. This is just not a deep draft. Someone will emerge but not a lot of UFDA hype to be had this year.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Emerica said:

Rich you've already done the Mayfield bit an hour ago. There are other things to discuss than QBs

The number 1, 2 and 3 reasons I don't watch the draft at all anymore. I got sick of missing midround 10 picks in a row and basically nobody being discussed because they were talking about which QBs might squeeze their way into the 6th or 7th. Or the QBs who were taken several rounds earlier. Or the QBs who might be traded for picks. It gets very, very old pretty quickly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

The class as a whole is pretty bland, particularly on the back end.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Billy86 said:

The number 1, 2 and 3 reasons I don't watch the draft at all anymore. I got sick of missing midround 10 picks in a row and basically nobody being discussed because they were talking about which QBs might squeeze their way into the 6th or 7th. Or the QBs who were taken several rounds earlier. Or the QBs who might be traded for picks. It gets very, very old pretty quickly. 

Watch ESPN. They did a great job of going over almost every pick with Kiper and McShay trading analysis. Very few detours especially this year with Kiper not on scene. They didn't do the pumpkin pie ritual. McShay is relegated to Day 3 only on the big network so he makes the most of the opportunity. 

NFL Network is unwatchable, IMO. Too much happy talk. Rich Eisen has an admirable cause but he should never hold that role. Reece Davis was fantastic on Sunday, dozens of times more informed than Eisen has ever been. 

Love what the Ravens, Eagles and Lions have done

i thought my team was able to bring back a D grade to a reasonable draft with all the speed and matchup guys we’ve brought in. Everyone knows how desperate we were for speed

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Awsi Dooger said:

Watch ESPN. They did a great job of going over almost every pick with Kiper and McShay trading analysis. Very few detours especially this year with Kiper not on scene. They didn't do the pumpkin pie ritual. McShay is relegated to Day 3 only on the big network so he makes the most of the opportunity. 

NFL Network is unwatchable, IMO. Too much happy talk. Rich Eisen has an admirable cause but he should never hold that role. Reece Davis was fantastic on Sunday, dozens of times more informed than Eisen has ever been. 

I agree NFLN can be a tough watch, but MJD is the only Jags homer in all of television...we have little choice.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/30/2022 at 8:00 PM, MikeT14 said:

I wasn't the most thrilled with Washington's 1st and 2nd round picks (yes the most important), but I thought they did VERY well in rounds 3-7.

I am the biggest Dotson stan on the forum, dude is going to be a stud. Mathis was a slight reach but I think he'll be a good but never great player.

• Like 1