Draft Day 3

Louis Friend

42 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Great pick by the Lions. Rodriguez was one of my favorite players coming into Day 3. Undersized, but he's fast, instinctive, and physical.

I am definitely biased but the Eagles moved up to to take Kyron Johnson who is slightly taller, has better speed and has legit pass-rush skills to make him more effective when blitzing.  Rodriguez may be a good player but Kyron Johnson has better tools.  Yes, the picked up a 7th-rounder but to me Kyron Johnson was the better prospect.

19 minutes ago, Just Want A Title said:

I am definitely biased but the Eagles moved up to to take Kyron Johnson who is slightly taller, has better speed and has legit pass-rush skills to make him more effective when blitzing.  Rodriguez may be a good player but Kyron Johnson has better tools.  Yes, the picked up a 7th-rounder but to me Kyron Johnson was the better prospect.

You're discounting instincts, which usually is what determines how good a LB is. Johnson moved to an edge rusher role because his instincts are not good. Rodriguez has great instincts.

5 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

I just don't get this pick. 

I do not know much here, but another LB does not seem like and issue to me. I realize he is more of a rush oriented guy, but he had some insane production this past season (just looked it up. Lol)

Just now, jrry32 said:

He's a good special teamer. Only really makes sense to me if you want a Sam LB who can rush the passer.

He's undersized to play EDGE but doesn't have the skillet to cover LB. I didn't even have a draftable grade on him. I know Holmes loves his DL, but he's reaching for these guys, which is weird because he lets the others fall to him. 

Just now, Louis Friend said:

He's undersized to play EDGE but doesn't have the skillet to cover LB. I didn't even have a draftable grade on him. I know Holmes loves his DL, but he's reaching for these guys, which is weird because he lets the others fall to him. 

I think this is for two reasons.  Holmes as talked about HBC and wanted to do them a solid, but more likely he's getting into the good graces with Deion Sanders for future drafts.  Like you said he doesn't have a skillset that fits anything.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

Guys going this late are being taken mostly to play special teams. Houston is a good special teamer. And he could fit a niche role in the defense if Glenn wants to be multiple.

3 minutes ago, Millenhater said:

I think this is for two reasons.  Holmes as talked about HBC and wanted to do them a solid, but more likely he's getting into the good graces with Deion Sanders for future drafts.  Like you said he doesn't have a skillset that fits anything.

James Houston seems like a very moldable player.  listed at 6'1 and 240 lbs, he has a thick build.  He ran a 4.63 40 and has 34 inch arms.  He seems like he could be a decent special teams player and back-up LB.