Day 3 of Draft: Discussion and Projections

CBears019

It’s the AR15 enthusiasts dream draft - we just drafted our 223, now we wait for the 556.

Who do you hope to be available?  

Do you think we trade up into the fourth?  

Who are your “lottery ticket” prospects?  Guys who probably won’t do anything in this league, but there’s just something about them that gives you the slightest glimmer of hope that they could turn into something big.

At this point I'm hoping for a trade up to get Calvin Austin-WR

We needed a wr who could actually run a damn route and actually get open on purpose.

Then again we also STILL need OL and a 3t.... so I fully expect us draft running back, LB, DB with the remaining picks.

• Like 1

If Araiza is still there in R5 I’d be fine with it if we drafted him. I don’t care that he’s a punter. A field-flipping punter has genuine value. I’d like a developmental OL, but really, once you’re at pick 148 and beyond just take the best player regardless of position, with few exceptions (no QB or K this year for me). Just add talented players. 

• Like 1

No idea why Perrion Winfrey is still on the board...shocked Woolen is...Uwazurike could be out guy in the 5th if he gets there...

There is still some good talent out there especially when it comes to OT for this scheme...

Rasheed Walker

Vederian Lowe

Max Mitchell

Kellen Diesch

Braxton Jones

Matt Waletzko

On the inside...

Zach Tom & the guy I would consider making a move up for is Jamaree Salyer...

WR doesn't look so rosie.

• Like 1

I said in another thread, IMO we need 2 OL and 1 WR or 2 WR and 1 OL  Lots of value in round 5, I'm still not opposed to a trade back(although we would get an extra 6th or 7th)  We coud also use an edge rusher and/or pass rusher

WRs:

Romeo Doubs

Khalil Shakir(I doubt he makes it to 148)

OL:

OC/OG Alec Lindstrom

OG Jamaree Salyer

OT/OG Darian Kinnard

OT Max Mitchell

12 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

We need to draft multiple OLmen. At this point we just need bodies.

This would be a terrible approach...

There will always be bodies out there when there is only around 300 OL in the NFL at any one time...

What we need to do is add as much talent to this team as possible.

It’s going to be a long 4th round, but I still feel like we can add two real contributors with those early 5th rounders

Theres 30+ guys left who I would be happy with getting, and can see some of them even being starters week 1. So assuming some reaches (a guarantee) we should be able to get atleast one of those 

38 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

This would be a terrible approach...

There will always be bodies out there when there is only around 300 OL in the NFL at any one time...

What we need to do is add as much talent to this team as possible.

Bodies that may develop into something.

Those are different than bodies that can stand in a spot.

50 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Trade up (148 and 186) into the 4th for Max Mitchell or Zach Tom and keep 150 and take a WR (and then prioritize Ezzard as a UDFA if he somehow makes it there)

Not sure that’s the plan I’d go with, but I will say, we are likely a very attractive la ding spot for the Priority UDFAs. We are going to have a lot of open competition for roster spots, and a lot of available snaps

33 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Not sure that’s the plan I’d go with, but I will say, we are likely a very attractive la ding spot for the Priority UDFAs. We are going to have a lot of open competition for roster spots, and a lot of available snaps

What would be the plan you'd go with?

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

No idea why Perrion Winfrey is still on the board...shocked Woolen is...Uwazurike could be out guy in the 5th if he gets there...

There is still some good talent out there especially when it comes to OT for this scheme...

Rasheed Walker

Vederian Lowe

Max Mitchell

Kellen Diesch

Braxton Jones

Matt Waletzko

On the inside...

Zach Tom & the guy I would consider making a move up for is Jamaree Salyer...

WR doesn't look so rosie.

I'm a fan of the bolded four